Laugh track on NRL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Laugh track on NRL

Post by Mike »

What do people think about the crowd noise effects on the NRL broadcast? Obviously it's fake, but does it annoy you or add to viewing enjoyment? Should we do that on Sky in August?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Laugh track on NRL

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Didn't really notice it, too interested in the game. The Aussies look like they are on speed compared with us, I couldn't believe how quick that game was today especially given the lay off. How good is Voss as a commentator? He makes our lot look amateurish!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

If Sky did it, they'd bang on about it every five minutes, which would ruin the point. On the NRL, I can take it or leave it. And yeah, their commentators make all ours sound so bad.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I was told in a message yesterday by a friend & employee at the club, that they wouldn’t need recorded sound, that I could be in the stand on my own making noise!

I replied, that observing social distancing of course, I could be in the East stand & they could be in the West.

So our first game back the crowd noise is sorted 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Made no difference to me, the game itself took all my attention, so quick and so skilful.Agree Vossy is an outstanding commentator.Roll on more of this, top class RL.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:50 am Didn't really notice it, too interested in the game. The Aussies look like they are on speed compared with us, I couldn't believe how quick that game was today especially given the lay off. How good is Voss as a commentator? He makes our lot look amateurish!
Didn’t catch yesterday’s game but I know exactly what you mean. It’s the speed speed of hooker, speed the forwards it the ball up, speed the 6 & 7 take the ball to the line, depth and decoy runners in the outside backs that allows them to catch the ball at full speed.

It must come down to a number of things in comparison to super league:

1 - they develop the skills that enables the speed of play at young age meaning it can’t be coached in super league

2 - players in the NRL are more physically able.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

That staggs is some centre...... hes gonna be a blinder that lad
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Enjoyed every minute of that game, might as it’s the first live game in ages. Parramatta dark horses this year. What does everyone think of the set restart if there’s an infringement in the ruck? Makes the game faster I can say.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Barney841 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:24 am Enjoyed every minute of that game, might as it’s the first live game in ages. Parramatta dark horses this year. What does everyone think of the set restart if there’s an infringement in the ruck? Makes the game faster I can say.
Its a good rule pal....... is it just me or do the aussies look even fitter after there layoff?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Parramatta were awesome going forward, thought Brisbane weren’t great in defence. Parramatta did well to keep that Payne Haas quiet