George Williams

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Barney841

Re: George Williams

Post by Barney841 »

Not sure SW is saying those things to spur him on more or jealousy from him as he probably wasn’t as capable of getting more out of him at Wigan.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:31 pm Not sure SW is saying those things to spur him on more or jealousy from him as he probably wasn’t as capable of getting more out of him at Wigan.
I thought SW's comments were spot on. GW did nothing more in that game than he did regularly for us.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Think George will look better in a team that play more fluent rugby and he has more freedom. Think he got left in no mans land at Wigan sometimes
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I think SW was dead right to say what he said, in his position as England coach. I'd be very surprised if he was that displeased with Williams' performance, though. Anyway, it's one game.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

George was awarded both Player of the Match in the Storm semi-final, and Player of the Finals from Raiders fans voting on their website. Quite an achievement for a Pom up against favourites like Jack Wighton and Josh Papalii.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

George Williams looks a completely different player to the one we had .And the only reason I can see for this is he is now being coached.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:56 am George Williams looks a completely different player to the one we had .And the only reason I can see for this is he is now being coached.
In my opinion he doesn’t look too different he’s just more consistent and more mature which I think is down to the coaching, the game plan and having a creative half in Wighton also.

He isn’t trying to score or set up a try on every involvement and also isn’t kicking on every opportunity, although he still does kick a lot.

Probably can say same thing about Hastings. Trying a little too hard and having a negative affect and probably down to coaching, pivots around him etc.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:56 am George Williams looks a completely different player to the one we had .And the only reason I can see for this is he is now being coached.
No he doesn't he looks the same, he just has a better side around him.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think his decision making has improved a lot - but i think its right its probably mainly down to the fact every single thing doesn't have to come from him and he has other players to help
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Class act, their gain is our loss. All those who criticised him must be eating their words, they should have gone to Specsavers 🤓