George Williams

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
morley pie eater

George Williams

Post by morley pie eater »

. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Re: George Williams

Post by Firestarter »

He had a top game and im pleased he is proving all the doubters wrong....... hes always been a better 7 than a 6......Split halves or not, hes far more dangerous at first receiver....... even if hes playing more left to right rugby which he hardly ever did at wigan
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The statement that “George came through Wigan as a hooker” is a bit misleading IMO

He came through his junior career & Warriors academy player as scrum half to Ryan Hampshire’s stand off. He only played replacement hooker to give him experience of playing in SL.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

He’s got a good 6 and 9 playing in these key positions as well. When he was here it always looked like the plan was “give Williams the ball”. It was nearly always on him to create something and so it was relatively easy for a half decent opposition team to close him down. Left him looking like he was trying too hard half the time.

Now he’s surrounded by better players particularly in the key positions of 6 & 9 and he also seems to be playing in a less rigid structure it looks like he’s really enjoying himself.
pedro

Post by pedro »

true, they have 2 good halves now and a great team around him, if bateman can come back and hit the ground running they could easily win it this year
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

They were pretty poor in the second half though, but Melbourne were worse. Very good first half and good defence from George though. Clear MOTM for me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Really glad he did well. Bellyache will not be pleased by that.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brad Fittler gave him 10/10 for his performance & said it was the most perfect display from a half he’s seen in a long time!

High praise indeed 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jao711

Post by jao711 »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:13 pm Brad Fittler gave him 10/10 for his performance & said it was the most perfect display from a half he’s seen in a long time!

High praise indeed 😊
By the end of his contract they will have found out he’s really Australian like all the Pacific Islanders.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:13 pm Brad Fittler gave him 10/10 for his performance & said it was the most perfect display from a half he’s seen in a long time!

High praise indeed 😊
I disagree, he missed a tackle on the Melbourne fullback who then proceeded to drop the ball over the line and kicked the ball dead on an attacking play. Other than that was brilliant. He went round Finucane (one of the best defenders in the NRL) like he wasn't there to make the third try, his cut out pass made the second try and his initial break from his own half made Canberra's last try. I am a tough critic so I will give him 9/10.

There will be plenty on here who will still slate him though because that's what they like to do irrespective of a players talent.

I am starting a petition to get Williams, Bateman and Sutton back to Wigan they are all terrific players.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards