George Williams

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: George Williams

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

You forget, he kicked a short kick straight into the arms of a defender in the first half, sefc! But all round, yeah, very good.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The Aussie "supplement" regime is obviously getting the best out of him. Expect him to gain bulk...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jobo

Post by jobo »

Mike wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:21 pm The Aussie "supplement" regime is obviously getting the best out of him. Expect him to gain bulk...
You do wonder.

Still, so far he's playing to his potential and that's to his credit after some of the stick he took over here.

A lessor player wouldn't have backed himself by going to the NRL.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

jobo wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:09 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:21 pm The Aussie "supplement" regime is obviously getting the best out of him. Expect him to gain bulk...
You do wonder.

Still, so far he's playing to his potential and that's to his credit after some of the stick he took over here.

He deserved some stick over here.He was inconsistent and had some very poor games.I criticised him for this but never said he didnt have talent.Playing with top class players, being coached by a top man Ricky Stuart and given more freedom has allowed him to show that talent and I hope he continues to shine.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No pleasing Waney 😂😂
I’d have been into him’: George Williams’ Wigan coach thought he was just OK against Storm

England coach Shaun Wane has said that the reaction to George Williams’ impressive display for Canberra against the Storm was “over the top”.

And the English coach insists that British players don’t need to head to the NRL to prove themselves.

The halfback is the latest Englishman to transfer down under after winning Test caps and Super League grand finals.

Williams joined former Wigan teammates Ryan Sutton and John Bateman in leaving the English club for the Raiders when he signed on with the Green Machine at the end of 2019.

His impressive performance against Melbourne, in which he won all three Dally M points, saw him win rave reviews.

Wane, who coached Williams at Wigan, said: “I thought the Aussies went over the top; they were raving about him. I’ve seen him do those things hundreds of times.

“He does it in Super League, it doesn’t seem to be recognised.

“ I thought he did some good things but he can have more involvements.

“If George had delivered that for me at Wigan, I’d have been into him. I’m sure other Super League coaches may have been the same.

“He did well, no question. I’m a big George Williams fan. But he needs to improve.”

With Luke Thompson set to join Canterbury next season, the English contingent in Australia is growing.

Wane, however, said that English players didn’t need to leave the Super League to improve the national side.

We’ve got a great competition, so I don’t think they need to go over there to improve massively,” Wane added.

“Who’s to say Elliott Whitehead if he stayed here, he wouldn’t have been the same?

“Elliott is a great player and the NRL is a great competition, no question. But I’ve coached in many intense Super League games as well, so wherever they are, we just have to make it the best product ever.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 97934cc38c
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
SJ

Post by SJ »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:07 am No pleasing Waney 😂😂
I’d have been into him’: George Williams’ Wigan coach thought he was just OK against Storm

England coach Shaun Wane has said that the reaction to George Williams’ impressive display for Canberra against the Storm was “over the top”.

And the English coach insists that British players don’t need to head to the NRL to prove themselves.

The halfback is the latest Englishman to transfer down under after winning Test caps and Super League grand finals.

Williams joined former Wigan teammates Ryan Sutton and John Bateman in leaving the English club for the Raiders when he signed on with the Green Machine at the end of 2019.

His impressive performance against Melbourne, in which he won all three Dally M points, saw him win rave reviews.

Wane, who coached Williams at Wigan, said: “I thought the Aussies went over the top; they were raving about him. I’ve seen him do those things hundreds of times.

“He does it in Super League, it doesn’t seem to be recognised.

“ I thought he did some good things but he can have more involvements.

“If George had delivered that for me at Wigan, I’d have been into him. I’m sure other Super League coaches may have been the same.

“He did well, no question. I’m a big George Williams fan. But he needs to improve.”

With Luke Thompson set to join Canterbury next season, the English contingent in Australia is growing.

Wane, however, said that English players didn’t need to leave the Super League to improve the national side.

We’ve got a great competition, so I don’t think they need to go over there to improve massively,” Wane added.

“Who’s to say Elliott Whitehead if he stayed here, he wouldn’t have been the same?

“Elliott is a great player and the NRL is a great competition, no question. But I’ve coached in many intense Super League games as well, so wherever they are, we just have to make it the best product ever.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 97934cc38c
What SW says is irrelevant It's what Ricky thinks about him that matters.
SW would do well to keep his opinion to himself and concentrate on his job in hand
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

jobo wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:09 pm
You do wonder.

What aussie supplement regime?

Regardless, supplements (steroids) may help with recovery, speed, strength but they do not help with passing, kicking, rugby league brain etc.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

SJ wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:14 pm
What SW says is irrelevant It's what Ricky thinks about him that matters.
SW would do well to keep his opinion to himself and concentrate on his job in hand
He's just having a dig at the Aussies in his capacity as GB coach. Go for it SW!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SJ

Post by SJ »

But for how long?