John Bateman

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: John Bateman

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Barney841 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:45 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:38 pm
Mike wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:40 pm Don't take him back. He's a crock and he walked out on us. Why do we take everyone back?
I rate him very highly but I wouldn't be doing anything at the moment.

He is a very light player who punches above his weight. This makes him prone to injury (especially in the latter half of his career).

I just don't think it is worth the financial risk.
??? Give your head a wobble. Bateman is top class and should jump at resigning him. Tell me the last English player who got in the Dally M team of the year
John Gray and after him Brian Carney (I know he is Irish but he deserves a mention), and they both donned the famous Cherry and White.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Sorry, I forgot about Widdop and Sam Burgess.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:27 pm

He is a very light player who punches above his weight. This makes him prone to injury (especially in the latter half of his career).

??? Give your head a wobble. Bateman is top class and should jump at resigning him. Tell me the last English player who got in the Dally M team of the year
John Gray and after him Brian Carney (I know he is Irish but he deserves a mention), and they both donned the famous Cherry and White.
I stand corrected with carney, never heard of John gray though. Shows the class you have to be though to make that team
shaunedwardsfanclub

Barney841 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:54 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:27 pm

I stand corrected with carney, never heard of John gray though. Shows the class you have to be though to make that team
John Gray was a hooker, if I remember correctly he was signed from Coventry RUFC and he also played county cricket. Could kick goals as well.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:02 pm
Mike wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:40 pm Don't take him back. He's a crock and he walked out on us. Why do we take everyone back?

Whilst not doubting he plays above his weight, what evidence do you have that it makes him prone to injury and especially in the latter part of the career?

Or is it just a theory that makes sense in your head?

On the Sky interview he looked to have bulked up a little.

Two lots of shoulder ops since Feb. That's not in my head.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:26 pm [quote=nathan_rugby post_id=476623 time=<a href="tel:1591192958">1591192958</a> user_id=3787]
[quote=Wintergreen post_id=476621 time=<a href="tel:1591191494">1591191494</a> user_id=8168]
[quote=Mike post_id=476620 time=<a href="tel:1591188012">1591188012</a> user_id=2]
Don't take him back. He's a crock and he walked out on us. Why do we take everyone back?

[/quote]

Whilst not doubting he plays above his weight, what evidence do you have that it makes him prone to injury and especially in the latter part of the career?

Or is it just a theory that makes sense in your head?

On the Sky interview he looked to have bulked up a little.
[/quote]

Two lots of shoulder ops since Feb. That's not in my head.
[/quote]
No but it could make your head wobble! Oh you mean JB🤓Seriously you make a good point👍
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dally M doesnt mean a lot Morley never got in there as Lautiti got it instead of Morley who dominated in the grand fianl winning team and dominated Lautiti in that game, Hanley didnt amke it although he dragged Balmain to the grand final and only got domiantyed when Hanley went off at the half and Schofield also the year before.