Six more tackles

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jao711

Six more tackles

Post by jao711 »

What a pleasant surprise it was,no wrestle,ball played mostly with the foot and a faster tidier game. Glad to see the RFLare already considering it.Shouldn’t need much discussion ,well worth a try and I was very sceptical beforehand.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Six more tackles

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

jao711 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:06 pm What a pleasant surprise it was,no wrestle,ball played mostly with the foot and a faster tidier game. Glad to see the RFLare already considering it.Shouldn’t need much discussion ,well worth a try and I was very sceptical beforehand.
I agree and it made the game faster. Should suit the creative (smaller players) when the big guys start to tire.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I was dubious too, and I still thin it can create some anomalies, but it cleaned up the game so much that I I'd take it, on balance. But also, I think part of the reason the Aussie game looks 'cleaner' is that, frankly, their players are bit better disciplined and don't push their luck with the ref so much.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think that's true, and some of that is because they've had the two ref system for a while - you just can't get away with as much when someone is stodd right over the tackle every time.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I think that is also true, Mike, and is why I think Aussie fans who are saying "See, we never needed two refs; it works fine with one" are slightly missing the point.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Will the change in rules mean that coaches move away from starting with three props and move to a more conventional loose forward? Hopefully, we will see more skill rather than brawn with the half backs having more influence on the game. It is noticeable that 6 and 7 in the NRL are now running the ball more.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:16 pm Will the change in rules mean that coaches move away from starting with three props and move to a more conventional loose forward? Hopefully, we will see more skill rather than brawn with the half backs having more influence on the game. It is noticeable that 6 and 7 in the NRL are now running the ball more.
i would definitely have a threequarter/ half on the bench
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE