NRL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nathan_rugby

NRL

Post by nathan_rugby »

Anybody else enjoying the fact that every NRL game is on sky Thurs-Sun?

I am doing my best to try and catch a few games a week but hard due to work etc.

The quality of the game is so good. Its skilful and fast pace. Really enjoying it.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Re: NRL

Post by moto748 »

It's been great mostly so far.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

There’s a game on Monday as well this round. Bulldogs v Dragons.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Warrior20 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:34 am There’s a game on Monday as well this round. Bulldogs v Dragons.
Leaving the rubbish till last! :lol:
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:32 am Anybody else enjoying the fact that every NRL game is on sky Thurs-Sun?

I am doing my best to try and catch a few games a week but hard due to work etc.

The quality of the game is so good. Its skilful and fast pace. Really enjoying it.
Don't normally watch the NRL but have been watching it with my son this time around . Have been impressed with the quality rugby but equally impressive is the quality of the television presentation . Sky take note please . I wonder what the Aussies would make of Captain Birdseye (Mr Clarke) lol.

Regards , Stay Safe & Well . Hope to see you all soon . EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I havent previously watched the NRL in earnest but have tuned in to the matches recently and loved it.

I think they now have the best rule set to suit our game the set restart and the captains challenge (something ive been suggesting for years) are both brilliant rules

Quality is superb a joy to watch
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:51 am I havent previously watched the NRL in earnest but have tuned in to the matches recently and loved it.

I think they now have the best rule set to suit our game the set restart and the captains challenge (something ive been suggesting for years) are both brilliant rules

The set restart is a good rule but will it work in super league? Im not sure our refs are consistent enough....... playing to the crowd will play a big factor in this rule.......it would be interesting if an attacking player us trying to milk a set restart........ maybe take a tackle off, although, things would get complicated and confusing then
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:07 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:51 am I havent previously watched the NRL in earnest but have tuned in to the matches recently and loved it.

The set restart is a good rule but will it work in super league? Im not sure our refs are consistent enough....... playing to the crowd will play a big factor in this rule.......it would be interesting if an attacking player us trying to milk a set restart........ maybe take a tackle off, although, things would get complicated and confusing then
It is a good point re: the crowd and its not a problem that they have at the moment there is no crowd influence
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Both of those rule changes are great and I would welcome them in super league.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:07 am

Take a tackle off? Come on, that’s never going to work nor happen.