Roosters vs Storm - spoiler

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southportcdm

Roosters vs Storm - spoiler

Post by southportcdm »

You only have to watch this match to remind yourself that we support the greatest sport in the world. Wow!
Fujiman

Re: Roosters vs Storm - spoiler

Post by Fujiman »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:14 pm You only have to watch this match to remind yourself that we support the greatest sport in the world. Wow!
Agree it was a fantastic match.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Quality game.

Prefer watching NRL so much more. Happily watch all these NRL games but rarely find myself saying same for Super League ones.

The times and quality of games helps. Super League being on twice per week
And Thurs/Fri at 8pm doesn’t work well for me.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Really? 3 out of 4 for the first tries came from errors. Constant dropped ball. Constant messed up attacking play. Was like an fairly good super league game for me. Got a bit boring with all the errors
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Good ending though!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Mike wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:39 am Really? 3 out of 4 for the first tries came from errors. Constant dropped ball. Constant messed up attacking play. Was like an fairly good super league game for me. Got a bit boring with all the errors
But quality Defence and pace of line causing most errors, we'd never live with that here - not on a match by match basis; they have that quality every week !
Tupou made a crucial handling error ok, but he'd been bombed all night and this was the only one out of the whole lot !
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Quality defence? Storm walked through the middle untouched to score in their comeback. The line was set. It was amateur.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Mike wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:02 pm Quality defence? Storm walked through the middle untouched to score in their comeback. The line was set. It was amateur.
So the Roosters are "amateur" then ? Great comment about potentially the best side in the world and favourites for the title, again. If you meant their D had a momentary lapse, or was a concentration thing, then ok, but please put it in context, as if you're saying they don't know how to defend, full stop ! I'm sure all teams concede an easy try at some point in a season.
Wouldn't you wish our defence to be half as good as theirs ?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

IMO it was an ok game. The end was exciting but he first half was riddled with errors and poor attack. The roosters got a winning lead but threw it away limply. Because of that it was exciting. At least they managed to kick the drops this time, the match a couple of weeks ago had 6 misses from both sides before one went over!

Ive seen some cracking games in the NRl this year but I've been suprised at the number of error strewn average games that are fairly boring for a neutral. I haven't watched regularly for 10 years or so, but I recall the intensity back then to have been much higher with far fewer errors. The current standard is higher than SL, but it's not insurmountable IMO. Unfortunately because of finances I think we've probably missed our chance and the gap in quality is likely to grow.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

People used to say that there was less difference between top and bottom in the NRL compared to SL, but I'm not sure that's true any more (if it ever was). Certainly watching, say, Brisbane v Bulldogs after Sharks v Panthers, you were left in no doubt which was the bottom of the table clash.

At the moment, Parra, Roosters and Penrith look a class above the rest to me.