Visa issues for Sonny Bill Williams and Co threatens to curtail Toronto Wolfpack's 2020 season

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Toronto withdraw from Suoerleague 2020

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Featherstone are offering to complete all Toronto's abandoned fixtures
Super League now faces a number of important decisions with the season set to restart in less than a fortnight. Featherstone Rovers have expressed an interest in taking their place in the competition. There is also the issue of deciding what happens with regards to Toronto’s pre-lockdown results, though they had lost all of their Super League games.
Toronto Wolfpack owner David Argyle has warned players he fears they will be kicked out of Super League following their withdrawal from the 2020 season.

Argyle addressed the club’s employees in a Zoom call on Tuesday afternoon following their decision to pull out of the remainder of the campaign and told players he believes demotion to the Championship is the most likely outcome.

He told them he expects a decision to be made within days rather than weeks.

That would mean the players’ contracts would be null and void and Argyle told the squad they were free to sign for other clubs as a result of the current situation should they be able to find deals elsewhere.
https://www.totalrl.com/toronto-wolfpac ... ew-clubs/
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Think its game over for Toronto and all other north american teams TBH.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:55 pm Think its game over for Toronto and all other north american teams TBH.
I think it has to be the model they used was a poor one, hired hands may well be able to bully bob the builders in the lower leagues and get paid plenty for it whilst doing sorbet it was always going to come unstuck once they joined the big pool.

That no one in the Wolfpack organisation could count to 25 when sorting the squad out before the seasons start was a worry along with the long running visa issues all pointed to there being problems, add in late payments time and again it seems top it off the a large helping of covid then the pie was cooked and it wouldn't. win a prize at the local village fete let alone Masterchef that is super league.

Expand into France that is a very natural fit, the world is going to be hit by a recession the likes of which we haven't seen so stop pretending next season will be better for the Wolfpack,assuming if they are still running next season of course.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:40 pm Featherstone are offering to complete all Toronto's abandoned fixtures
I’d sooner it was Leigh to be honest! Awful ground last time we went in a CC round!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Surely Toronto cant be considered for next season or it will really be egg on face for the RFL as they have properly dumped them in it.

I agree with the sentiment about this season too - i get the need for revenue but why not create a one of style tournament maybe even include championship teams who are ready to play. There will be little to no respect for the winners this year - i mean Liverpool's achievement in football is being downplayed despite the fact they were only 2 games away from victory before covid hit and we are basically at the start of our season.

I dont think we need the challenge cup either - and some sort of England vs Exiles, state of origin or 7's Tournament would be better

I understand the need to play and air time but i think we have it within our game to try something a bit different - the fan base is small but loyal and will appreciate anything they can watch
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pearsy

Re: Toronto withdraw from Superleague 2020

Post by pearsy »

Is there anybody we could pickup from Toronto cheap who would benefit the Warriors
pearsy

Re: Visa issues for Sonny Bill Williams and Co threatens to curtail Toronto Wolfpack's 2020 season

Post by pearsy »

Its well and truly curtailed now