6 again rule

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Re: 6 again rule

Post by Firestarter »

Ted definately makes a good point that i actually didnt consider..... like moto says though the nrl are going overboard..... ive paused the game a few times and thought ,wht did he give a set restart?...... the refs there have certainly give more set restarts than they used to give pens..... this proves that they used to let more go unpunished......i watched a game the other week ( i think it was roosters v cowboys),cowboys got butchered by restarted sets but i noticed that the roosters seemed to hold down the tackled player a lot longer in the tackle...... personally i couldnt get my head around it...... my worry is once we adopt the rule our refs will constantly give set restarts and ruin the game as a contest
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Hicks will have a field day with this rule. No team will ever get to 3 tackles without him shouting restart.

I do feel as though it will spoil our game, the thing with a penalty on sky is the captain has time to challenge the decision and the tv checks to see if its ok. This way it just gets rolled on and its only when you watch again you think "what was that for"

In one of the earlier games, Graham asked a ref what the 6 again rule was for and the ref just waved him away and carried on.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

There's no captains challenge in SL. It's just a stoppage in play. I reckon getting rid of stoppages at the tackle is a great thing. Many games were getting tedious because of constant pens, ball steals and dropped balls.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Mike wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:47 pm There's no captains challenge in SL.
There should be. It's a good idea, and I struggle to see the downside.
jobo

Post by jobo »

I reckon the re-start rule is a very good counter to the subs rule.

It does tend to tire out the forwards and to this extent is a good thing.

All players need do is keep to the rules.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

moto748 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:20 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:47 pm There's no captains challenge in SL.
There should be. It's a good idea, and I struggle to see the downside.
You need every game televised from multiple angles. So its down to money.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Fair enough, Mike. Sadly. I do think it is a good thing, though, in a better world. Although it's surprising how many are thrown away on pretty hopeless calls, even early in games. But I guess we see the same in cricket.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Add to that at the start of the season teams were giving away scrums for not playing the ball properly, now everyone plays it properly now as they don’t want to hinder the team, little rules like this are really working and love the challenge as sometimes refs get it wrong and have been too so works great