Canberra vs. Souths

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Richymac

Canberra vs. Souths

Post by Richymac »

Williams looks solid imo.
But jeez Sutton is a walking error machine. Can’t imagine Ricky Stuart will take much more of this.
Still no Bateman.

Been a good game considering the weather looks awful!

P.S. Nick Cotric will be highly sought after by everyone in the NRL. That first try was excellent.
Warrior20

Re: Canberra vs. Souths

Post by Warrior20 »

Sutton only made 1 handling error. He made 58 tackles (highest in the game) with only 2 missed tackles. He is a regular for Canberra, I’m sure Ricky Stuart is very happy with him.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Richymac wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:11 pm Williams looks solid imo.
But jeez Sutton is a walking error machine. Can’t imagine Ricky Stuart will take much more of this.
Still no Bateman.

P.S. Nick Cotric will be highly sought after by everyone in the NRL. That first try was excellent.
he would be if he hadnt already signed for the Bulldogs
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Warrior20 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:50 pm Sutton only made 1 handling error. He made 58 tackles (highest in the game) with only 2 missed tackles. He is a regular for Canberra, I’m sure Ricky Stuart is very happy with him.
Wasted the review early on. Made more than one handling error. Conceded a couple of repeat sets.
Stuart won’t be happy. He never is.
Last edited by Richymac on Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

pedro wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:30 pm
Still no Bateman.

Haha, missed that. Be telling me we’ve resigned Bateman next ;)
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Richymac wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:52 pm
Warrior20 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:50 pm Sutton only made 1 handling error. He made 58 tackles (highest in the game) with only 2 missed tackles. He is a regular for Canberra, I’m sure Ricky Stuart is very happy with him.
Wasted the review early on. Made more than one handling error. Conceded a couple of repeat sets.
Stuart won’t be happy. He never is.
Official NRL stats after the match only have one handling error. He gave away 2 penalties. Played just under 60 mins and ran 122 metres and made 58 tackles. I’m sure Ricky Stuart will be really unhappy! George Williams made more errors then Sutton.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Sutton got his decoy runs wrong and gave away two needless penalties for obstruction, one of which cost Raiders a try.
TBH, thats something to work on and solid otherwise.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Richymac wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:53 pm
pedro wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:30 pm
Still no Bateman.

Haha, missed that. Be telling me we’ve resigned Bateman next ;)
:lol:
pedro

Post by pedro »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:59 am Sutton got his decoy runs wrong and gave away two needless penalties for obstruction, one of which cost Raiders a try.
TBH, thats something to work on and solid otherwise.
funny how his was called but the one the other way was allowed. For me Cook went to tackle him then at the last minute turned, Sutton had no where to go, they tell them they have to run through as if they stop they obstruct and then when they run through they ping them for obstruction
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah but too often dummy runners don't make enough effort to run past defenders. They must know, if they collide with anyone there is a fair chance any try will be disallowed. In that case even stopping short would have been better.Cook was miles away from the ball.