What team for the first game?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
pearsy

What team for the first game?

Post by pearsy »

Is everybody fit and what will the the expected team be?And how long will SOL last?
Barney841

Re: What team for the first game?

Post by Barney841 »

Think burgess will be back in the team, if he’s not a dumpling that is, and SOL should be playing at least half a game
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

16 minutes for SOL with 2 dropped balls and one high tackle
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wormburner wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm 16 minutes for SOL with 2 dropped balls and one high tackle
I hope young smith starts instead of tommy
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I hope that George Burgess and Clubby have been doing lots of running during their 'break'. With the six again rule, the game is faster than ever and I can't see them lasting for more than two stints of 15mins either side of half time. I'm sure we'll not see them both on the pitch at the same time. It also looks like the refs won't settle for any wrestling to slow down the play the ball so I hope we're ready for that or else we'll be giving six more tackles on a regular basis.

Good luck to all the lads, I'm sure they're all very excited to be back.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wormburner wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 pm 16 minutes for SOL with 2 dropped balls and one high tackle
C'mon Meds, you know he's really your favourite player.

19 mins, 1 drop ball and 2 high tackles for me. We could have a sweepstake with proceeds to Latics' players poor fund.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

In a few words, pace and more pace in this new style game, with low concessions of penalties and re-starts. Play the sets with no errors (?) and force Wakefield into the pressure of conceding re-starts with fast PTB's Add some top level experience, that's what was maybe lacking on Huddersfield's part yesterday ? A top kicking game would help with the Halves controlling the game and French to be on form, otherwise we may struggle to score enough points, which happened at Salford.
Not much to ask, but a win is almost a given.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Yeah been watching plenty of the NRL recently and those repeat sets will really test the players fitness...
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, their fitness and their discipline.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Oliver Gildart and Tony Clubb aren’t still quite right. Ollie Partington has got a three week suspension and Ben Flower has a one week suspension.”
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan