Gareth Widdop linked with Warrington exit swap deal!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Gareth Widdop linked with Warrington exit swap deal!

Post by josie andrews »

Gareth Widdop is in line for a Warrington Wolves exit – with Corey Norman coming the other way.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Wolves’ marquee halfback is in talks to leave the club after just 12 months in a deal that could see 29-year-old Norman go the other way.

The report says Widdop has reached out to the Dragons citing personal reasons as a reason for returning.

Widdop, 31, joined Warrington after a decade in the NRL. He has made just five appearances, scoring three tries, but his future already appears in doubt.

Norman is off-contract with the Dragons and has been linked with a move to England. He has made 12 appearances this season and made his 200th NRL appearance at the weekend.

https://www.totalrl.com/gareth-widdop-l ... swap-deal/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Gareth Widdop linked with Warrington exit swap deal!

Post by josie andrews »

That didn’t last long!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Opposite to homesick, he is sick of being home. :arrow:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Ill caveat this comment by saying i dont watch the NRL or at least i ddint when Widdop was in it

but

I really cannot see the hype around him, ive never watched a match in which he has been anything other than OK at best
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

IL should slip reet in and sign Norman up from underneath Wires nose and offer them Sam Powell as a consolation prize
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I wouldn't swap the talented but lazy Norman for Sam Powell. He has done next to nothing for the Dragons this season.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

moto748 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:52 am I wouldn't swap the talented but lazy Norman for Sam Powell. He has done next to nothing for the Dragons this season.
Bit like Powells career :shock: :D
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:52 am I wouldn't swap the talented but lazy Norman for Sam Powell. He has done next to nothing for the Dragons this season.
I agree,since he went to stand off at parra he went downhill...... he seems to have forgot how to run the ball...... he was a much better fullback
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jobo

Post by jobo »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:42 am
I agree,since he went to stand off at parra he went downhill...... he seems to have forgot how to run the ball...... he was a much better fullback
He's had a bad couple of years that's for sure. Change of scenery might do him the world of good.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:11 am Ill caveat this comment by saying i dont watch the NRL or at least i ddint when Widdop was in it

but

I really cannot see the hype around him, ive never watched a match in which he has been anything other than OK at best
Same.

I’ve even tried to be bias and praise him but never really seen him do that well in any game.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."