Leeds HOME Games

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
First Try Tickle

Leeds HOME Games

Post by First Try Tickle »

Ok, I know that all the first few games will be held at Headingley , but last Sunday's match against Huddersfield was meant to be an away match for Leeds.

so how come the tannoy people were allowed to play Leeds songs throughout the game to spur the team on.
Fujiman

Re: Leeds HOME Games

Post by Fujiman »

First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:22 pm Ok, I know that all the first few games will be held at Headingley , but last Sunday's match against Huddersfield was meant to be an away match for Leeds.

so how come the tannoy people were allowed to play Leeds songs throughout the game to spur the team on.
Was it not just the sound affects sky put on the broadcast?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Even if it was, surely the same point applies?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

moto748 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:48 am Even if it was, surely the same point applies?
Maybe the Huddersfield drummer wanted too much dosh for Performing Arts ? :lol:
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:22 pm Ok, I know that all the first few games will be held at Headingley , but last Sunday's match against Huddersfield was meant to be an away match for Leeds.

Follows the sentiment I posted back when the fixtures were first announced when I suggested that all of Leeds matches should be at Stains and vice versa for Stains but you all ignored it then. Gary Hetherington, the power behind the SuperLeague.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

moto748 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:48 am Even if it was, surely the same point applies?
I meant the viewer could hear but not the players. I’ve watched a few of the football matches were you could turn the “fake” stadium noise off. Tried one half of each and thought the background noise one was better. When it was off all you heard was the players and coaching staff shouting instructions to each other.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Why?

The players cant hear it surely?

Have to say in regards to the fake noise it doesn't do anything for me..in fact I turned the rugby off and watched a film instead..I can see the same thing happening come the weekend sadly too.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:27 pm
Why?

The players cant hear it surel

Have to say in regards to the fake noise it doesn't do anything for me..in fact I turned the rugby off and watched a film instead..I can see the same thing happening come the weekend sadly too.

The players can't hear it, the sound is generated from the Sky tv studios, like it is (now 'was') in the NRL through Fox Sports, and also the same model as used in the soccer Prem. In football the studio sounds were defended in the main when compared to the echoing silence of the German football league matches, which had no sound effects. Sky gave viewers a choice of channel to watch football and 80%+ chose the sound !

And it was a good job the mass of viewers didn't switch off last weekend, as they'd have missed a generally accepted entertaining spectacle with the added bonus of record SL viewing figures, which I'm pretty sure Sky would be happy with and perhaps a step towards negotiating a better tv contract deal, especially if these numbers continue to stack up. And that is very important for our games future.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Should be healthy viewing figures this weekend with us and the other games on show.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Nezza Faz wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:00 am
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:27 pm
Why?

The players cant hear it surel

The players can't hear it, the sound is generated from the Sky tv studios, like it is (now 'was') in the NRL through Fox Sports, and also the same model as used in the soccer Prem. In football the studio sounds were defended in the main when compared to the echoing silence of the German football league matches, which had no sound effects. Sky gave viewers a choice of channel to watch football and 80%+ chose the sound !

And it was a good job the mass of viewers didn't switch off last weekend, as they'd have missed a generally accepted entertaining spectacle with the added bonus of record SL viewing figures, which I'm pretty sure Sky would be happy with and perhaps a step towards negotiating a better tv contract deal, especially if these numbers continue to stack up. And that is very important for our games future.
Understand what you're saying but for me its awfully wouldn't watch comedies with canned laughter either, ill give the game ago without sound fullstops and if not well plenty of other things life has to offer to keep me occupied :D