Luke Thompson

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nathan_rugby

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by nathan_rugby »

Whether or not they are biased towards Other teams or against Wigan aside; the quality of their analysis, commentary etc is abysmal. It really isn’t insightful, engaging and it makes a mockery of the sport.

They’re that bad.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:19 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:54 pm Jon Wells is good too.

Tez and Baz represent the "average fan", as Stevo did. Part of the job description is provoking controversy - sports fans thrive on it. "It was/wasn't a penalty" "X is a better player than Y" etc etc. Sky/BBC will always have people like this.

The fact they're being debated is evidence that they're doing their job.
Debated?

Derided maybe
I'll settle for "discussed" :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I can honestly say that i dont miss eddie hemmings commentating...... i do miss stevo though...... he had a lot of passion for the game( as did ray french and alex murphy before sky)...... like morley said, wells seems to know his stuff and terry n barrie are just local pub fans( who do know there stuff).Maybe not in the professional manor...... john wilkin is very good even if he was a whinger of a player...... my favourite has gotta be vossy in the nrl though...... funny and very clued up..... oh and enthusiastic, which is always good for listening
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE