Luke Thompson

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by moto748 »

Nezza Faz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:43 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:00 pm If Wigan's NRL failures shouldn't be brought back to the club, why should we bring Stains NRL failures here?
Haha, fair comment !! :?
Yes, I agree. Maybe it's home-sickness, who knows? It's not impossible to make your mark in a poor side; I just watched Carrington (?) for the Broncos put in a hell of a shift in a hammered side. Thompson hasn't shown that.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Mike wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:00 pm If Wigan's NRL failures shouldn't be brought back to the club, why should we bring Stains NRL failures here?
Bevan French?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Give him a 5 year deal a special once in a lifetime Marque player
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

The booze hound wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:20 am
Bevan French?
Bevan French isn’t a Wigan NRL failure. He hadn't previously played for the club before “failing” in the NRL.

On the topic or Thompson - can he really be labelled a failure given Covid situation, joining mid season, joining one of the worst teams in the comp and also being played out of position? I don’t think it’s fair yet.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I wouldn't say French 'failed' in the NRL; being bumped in favour of King Gutho is no disgrace, and it appears NRL clubs are still interested in him.
The booze hound

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:03 pm
Bevan French?
Bevan French isn’t a Wigan NRL failure. He hadn't previously played for the club before “failing” in the NRL.
Neither did Luke Thompson. That's my point.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

I think he’s struggled heading over in Covid times with the isolation. Would be happy to see him in our pack he don’t settle over there!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hows he failed?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

The booze hound wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:59 pm

Bevan French?
Your point is irrelevant to the post you originally replied to as it was discussing Wigan players who had gone to the NRL, failed and returned.

Putting French? Didn’t make sense .

If it was around Wigan recruiting NRL failures in general, it would be valid.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
The booze hound

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:51 pm
The booze hound wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:59 pm

Your point is irrelevant to the post you originally replied to as it was discussing Wigan players who had gone to the NRL, failed and returned.

Putting French? Didn’t make sense .

If it was around Wigan recruiting NRL failures in general, it would be valid.
The post prior to me putting French was saying why should we bring Stains NRL failures to Wigan. French is a roaring success and so could Thompson be. Neither having previously played for Wigan. I believe you've misunderstood the point.
I did not originally reply to a discussion re Wigan players returning, I replied to a question asking why should we bring Thompson to Wigan, and the French response is wholly relevant.