Change in the table

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Change in the table

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Call this season what you want . A few games of Rugby League is a bonus in these uncertain times . Whoever emerges as champions by whatever method matters not a jot as long as the game is still intact and a position to move on after all this.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:21 pm Call this season what you want . A few games of Rugby League is a bonus in these uncertain times . Whoever emerges as champions by whatever method matters not a jot as long as the game is still intact and a position to move on after all this.

Regards EW
fair enoughEW...... im not happy with it but what can we do really? It wont be the same till its all done and dusted...... im more concerned about our lot battering them cats on Saturday....... come on wigan
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I wonder if it will be done and dusted at all. We've never dveloped a successful corona virus vacine until now. We may have several season of this. It will become normalized if that happens though, and death from covid would just become another risk as you get older. It was like that for thousands of years I suppose. It's only recently we've had anti biotics. You could die from a cut before that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:21 am I wonder if it will be done and dusted at all. We've never dveloped a successful corona virus vacine until now. We may have several season of this. It will become normalized if that happens though, and death from covid would just become another risk as you get older. It was like that for thousands of years I suppose. It's only recently we've had anti biotics. You could die from a cut before that.
You’re not wrong this virus being with us is I fear going to stay for awhile yet,the panic rush to find a vaccine could cause more problems than it solves but we shall see.

I note Liverpool have stopped selling season tickets for now it’s clear that no sports side can guarantee access to games in the coming months and years even.

Pathetic whining from sports governing bodies about letting fans in doesn’t help,the R number is clearly above 1 and that surely puts the kibosch on any plans for fans for awhile yet?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:
DaveO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:27 pm

If Sky want their pound of flesh they need to flexible and the RFL need to think a bit harder.

Ah, the 'we hold all the cards' argument!

Where have I heard that one before? :lol:
If you want to quote one part of a post ignoring the alternative I suggested thus taking the above out of context to make a Point that is down to you.

What exactly was wrong with my suggestion that the season goes on until the teams have completed the same number of fixtures? And why would it be out of order suggesting sky go for that?
doc

Post by doc »

DaveO wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:50 pm
moto748 wrote:
DaveO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:27 pm

If Sky want their pound of flesh they need to flexible and the RFL need to think a bit harder.

Ah, the 'we hold all the cards' argument!

Where have I heard that one before? :lol:
If you want to quote one part of a post ignoring the alternative I suggested thus taking the above out of context to make a Point that is down to you.

What exactly was wrong with my suggestion that the season goes on until the teams have completed the same number of fixtures? And why would it be out of order suggesting sky go for that?
Because if the current spike continues to grow and we need to lockdown again the season might not finish until well into next year. In addition, the CCF and GF which will both be central to contracted TV rights, will have to tie in with the broadcaster's schedule and the availability of the venues.