Chester criticises on field decisions

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Chester criticises on field decisions

Post by josie andrews »

Wakefield Trinity Head Coach Chris Chester criticised the ruling of the on-field referee during his side’s defeat to Wigan Warriors.

Trinity led 12-0, but ended up losing the game 28-16 at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

Chester pointed to the decisions to award Sam Powell a try, and chalk one off for Bill Tupou as key points in the game.

He said: “I just think they are making it up. They don’t know, and they are relying on the video referee to make a call.

“If Sam Powell (try) goes up as a no try, it’s a no-try. You can see the separation on the ball. There has to be an easier solution.

“Whether it is the rugby union model, where you say is there any reason why I can’t award the try, rather than getting the referee to make a call on the pitch. Because sometimes there is not enough evidence to overule it.

If the Bill Tupou one goes up as a try, that would be given too.

“I don’t know what the answer is. I thought we were a little bit unlucky with the calls.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/chester- ... ons-33537/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Chester criticises on field decisions

Post by Firestarter »

Yet the referee picks up a forward pass try by joe burgess which they give 99 times out of a 100...... did chester see that?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

No and he didn't see the forward passes for their try's either very selective vision
S_Riley

Post by S_Riley »

Chris Chester is just an incredible bore who looks to blame the officials when his team loses. Is he related to Daryl Powell? :roll: