Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southportcdm
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Post by southportcdm » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:42 pm

Just seen this headline on sky sports. Does anybody have any details please?

Caboosegg
Posts: 1902
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Post by Caboosegg » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:20 pm

Its amazing isnt it... could have been sold to an english man in brexit britan but that wasnt good enough and its been sold to a European group
The Turkeys voted for Christmas.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices

George Orwell

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Post by Charriots Offiah » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:29 pm

What’s wrong with that?

User avatar
wall_of_voodoo
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am

Re: Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Post by wall_of_voodoo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Time will tell what's "wrong" with that

The administrators have been under HUGE pressure to find a buyer when it came to light they were raking in over £750k per week - selling players to do this

Are this Spanish consortium any different? The Americans were purely asset strippers after relocating the latics to Leigh and selling the ground et all off to property developers

Another consortium talked about selling the ground for shopping units and playing "on the road" totally against the football leagues rules.

I don't think we will have to wait long to see what this consortium does with no imminent sign of the 7000 or so latics fans.

Even the rugby fans purchasing food (that will have long since had to be disposed of) will not make for good financial reading with nothing coming in no matter how much money or plans this set up has
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:

Caboosegg
Posts: 1902
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Post by Caboosegg » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:49 am

Charriots Offiah wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:29 pm
What’s wrong with that?
Whats right with it? You had IL who had experience running a football club (Oxford) and being chair of the EFL who is known for being financially stable something Latics need but because he owns Wigan Warriors its a no from the vocal fans...
The Turkeys voted for Christmas.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices

George Orwell

ian.birchall
Posts: 3194
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:42 pm

Re: Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Post by ian.birchall » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 am

Real Wigan?

Not really.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.


Now Europe is just for holidays.

morley pie eater
Posts: 1660
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Re: Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Post by morley pie eater » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:46 am

ian.birchall wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 am
Real Wigan?

Not really.
:D

moto748
Posts: 2581
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Post by moto748 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:02 am

Caboose>

I can't say I've followed this lengthy saga closely, but as you really saying that Lenagan was discounted because Latics fans (allegedly? how expressed?) didn't like him? Would the people taking the decisions need, or want to take account of Latics fans' wishes anyway?

jobo
Posts: 3070
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:33 pm

Re: Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Post by jobo » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:43 pm

moto748 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:02 am
Caboose>

I can't say I've followed this lengthy saga closely, but as you really saying that Lenagan was discounted because Latics fans (allegedly? how expressed?) didn't like him? Would the people taking the decisions need, or want to take account of Latics fans' wishes anyway?

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Wigan Athletic sold to a Spanish group

Post by Charriots Offiah » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:14 pm

Caboosegg wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:49 am
Charriots Offiah wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:29 pm
What’s wrong with that?
Whats right with it? You had IL who had experience running a football club (Oxford) and being chair of the EFL who is known for being financially stable something Latics need but because he owns Wigan Warriors its a no from the vocal fans...
Did he make an offer? If he did, was the offer equivalent to the Spanish offer? If the answer to either of those questions is a negative then your argument falls.

Post Reply