RFL OFFERS SUPPORT IN RECOGNITION OF THE CARDIFF BAY CODEBREAKERS

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
morley pie eater

Re: Time for Cardiff to crown 'King Billy'

Post by morley pie eater »

ian.birchall wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:50 am So says the back page headline of the Sports section of today's Daily Telegraph after philanthropist business man Sir Stanley Thomas donated almost £300k towards a statue to celebrate the black sportsmen who came out of Cardiff Bays' Butetown area.
The writers father, a Roughyeds fan from Oldham described him to his son as a Jonah Lomu with Fred Astaires dancing feet.

Being of an age lucky enough to have spent the last 7 years of Billy's career watching him pull magic out of those feet as well as his brute strength I can think of no better description of a man who has never been bettered as a Wigan signing and still lives in Wigan and until recently when old age finally caught him was still a regular supporter in the ground for the Club and game he loved.
Our Club, our game.
Ian, I only saw Billy for the last 2 or 3 years of his career, but he remains my lifetime hero. As well as his skill as a player, he has always been a man of the people: down-to-earth, modest, completely lacking the arrogance that seems to go with so many "stars" today who are not fit to lace Billy's boots.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Re: RFL OFFERS SUPPORT IN RECOGNITION OF THE CARDIFF BAY CODEBREAKERS

Post by morley pie eater »

Update on above - another Billy B statue!

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/54348482[/url]
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐