Walmsley avoids disciplinary charge

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
wall_of_voodoo

Walmsley avoids disciplinary charge

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

https://www.totalrl.com/alex-walmsleys- ... Ia-k-EBJY
However, Walmsley has not been charged for a tackle on Wigan youngster Jack Wells which forced the Warriors forward off the field after suffering an injury that could end his season.

Instead, James Graham has been charged for Grade A dangerous contact in the same tackle, a charge which doesn’t warrant a suspension.

In the Match Review Panel minutes, details are given on the involvement of the pair in the incident.

Explaining Walmsley’s role, it says: “Player makes attempt to tackle as opponent is still making forward progress. Player makes initial contact on thigh of opponent. Player demonstrates wrapping motion towards both legs whilst maintaining control of own bodyweight. Players grip allows limb of opponent to rotate in contact as other tackler rotates opponent in contact.”

Meanwhile, in explaining why Graham was charged, it said: “Defending player, in or after effecting a tackle, uses any part of their body forcefully to bend or apply unnecessary pressure to the head and/or spinal column of the tackled player so as to keep the tackled player at a disadvantage in or after the tackle.”
Tell me again why Smithies got a combined total of six matches and Flower 2 and then tell me again that the judiciary isn't pulling our tiddlers with this shite
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
the pieman

Re: Walmsley avoids disciplinary charge

Post by the pieman »

just cant fathom that one out to be honest

i commented at the time that both Flower and Smithies had been hard done to, and that the standard had been set, but clearly now that isnt the standard as they have changed their minds.

Crusher tackle grade A - come on. i reckon virtually every other player charged has been minimum of Grade B

The Walmsley tackle causes a bad outcome but should have been charged as i dont believe he could be in control for that outcome??

There has been a bit of debate / arguement on twitter with a saints fan using tommy makinson getting a ban as evidence that they dont get away with everything. He was caught clearly on camera and should have got 8 games not the 5 he did get
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I *still* haven't been able to see how Flower deserves a ban for hanging on as he's being dragged by a player - 2 games. Walmsley makes movements to put a players joints in a bad position sufficient to potentially end his season - 0 games. Graham does a crusher that requires physio attention - 0 games.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:34 pm I *still* haven't been able to see how Flower deserves a ban for hanging on as he's being dragged by a player - 2 games. Walmsley makes movements to put a players joints in a bad position sufficient to potentially end his season - 0 games. Graham does a crusher that requires physio attention - 0 games.
+1scandalous
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

+1

We saw a yellow in the Salford semi for much less than Walmsleys tackle