Sam Burgess

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Shaun1967

Sam Burgess

Post by Shaun1967 »

If you only read one thing today read this....
Given the number of names given and quotes attributed to them you would assume there’s some truth in there somewhere.
Scroll down to Jackson_1994 and read from there.
https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/ind ... an.117754/
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Sutty

Re: Sam Burgess

Post by Sutty »

Wow, that's some read. If it's anywhere near true I just hope all parties get the help they so clearly need, it seems obvious that there are some sort of mental health issues at play. At least I hope that's the case and this isn't their normal behaviour.

Richymac

Post by Richymac »

If what’s said here is true then Sam has gone way down in my estimation of him. Sounds like he’s in desperate need of psychological help and his poor young family need to be able to have their safety. Truly awful.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I know it might sound funny but it "sounds" true - like you get a feel from the quotes they aren't sketchy or vague they contain coherent detail of events which normally comes from the truth. I can 100% believe a doc and team covering up a story like that especially to someone who was the "blue eyed boy"

One surprising aspect for me is Luke seems to be a bit of the instigator in all this but he seems to get away with it in the main, not much call for anything to happen with him
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Thats a hell of a story..is it true?

I can believe sure sometimes there's just too much information in a story as seems the case here for it not to have a lot of basis of fact, time will tell but while I abhor any dmoestic violence its the clear coverup from the club thats perhaps the most damaging to all concerned.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Domestic abuse and NRL players seems really prevalent which to me suggests a bigger underlying drugs/booze culture.

I think there's big names being chucked in which is interesting Russell Crowe and Team mates apparently in the know - big claims

Makes you wonder if Sam ever had a shoulder issue or was he ducking into the shadows to avoid backlash
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:32 pm Domestic abuse and NRL players seems really prevalent which to me suggests a bigger underlying drugs/booze culture.

I think there's big names being chucked in which is interesting Russell Crowe and Team mates apparently in the know - big claims

Makes you wonder if Sam ever had a shoulder issue or was he ducking into the shadows to avoid backlash
I wondered the very same thing over his shoulder..