CC final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: CC final

Post by Mike »

Probably sent out their spoiler email before the end so had to tell the ref to fix it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:13 pm In some ways i like that the BBC at least do try to talk the sport up, which Sky have long since given up on, but banging on about what a superb high quality contest is was, all I could think was, clearly, you weren't watching Penrith v Souths earlier.
Do you think some senior manager or head of whatever at sky has instructed the commentators to not talk the game up?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:28 pm Was a very good game and entertaining. We all know that Superleague and related comps are never going to be as good as the NRL because of cash differences but to keep bashing it with NRL references gets a bit tedious at times . It is what it can be given the money available .

Regards EW
100% EW.

Also, I felt the same as many about the penalty for Pauli. However, I think we were maybe misled by the commentary. It wasn't because he got up with his hand on the ball (as did Prior 2 or 3 tackles later - unpunished), but the fact that he then fell over, so hadn't regained his feet.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:25 pm
moto748 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:13 pm In some ways i like that the BBC at least do try to talk the sport up, which Sky have long since given up on, but banging on about what a superb high quality contest is was, all I could think was, clearly, you weren't watching Penrith v Souths earlier.
It was a good match though and high quality by SL standards....why would it matter if the higher standard comps match was better.
To be honest I don’t think the Penrith vs souths game was of the highest quality. Yes it was a good game and intense but there was a lot of errors. Best finals match for me this season was roosters vs panthers
moto748

Post by moto748 »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:28 pm but to keep bashing it with NRL references gets a bit tedious at times . It is what it can be given the money available .

Regards EW
EW, morley and others>

Yes, on reflection, you are right. It's a cheap shot, and I shall try to refrain in future. NRL games can be discussed in dedicated threads in General as required.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

EW, morley and others>

Yes, on reflection, you are right. It's a cheap shot, and I shall try to refrain in future. NRL games can be discussed in dedicated threads in General as required.
[/quote]

No problem Moto . It was not a direct dig at you as such . But as you say keep NRL comments to dedicated threads suggestion unless there's a connection.

Regards EW

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ps This is my first full season watching NRL . Well impressed with the game and tv presentation
2002 and EW is hooked
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Neither was mine a dig at you, or anyone in particular, Moto.

I have seen parts of Canberra Raiders' last 2 games (to watch George and Batty), but before that I last saw some State of Origin 5+ years ago.

The interest in a game for me is commitment to a team, knowing the players, and wanting a certain result (eg Salford at Wembley, or anybody v Saints).

Though the quality of play in the NRL may be better, it doesn't have any of the above factors to keep my interest.

So posts mentioning Tedesco, Addo-Carr (I had to look him up) or the like are meaningless to me, and I suspect to many others. I don't object to anyone referring to NRL players, but I agree with EW that it can be overdone.

The British game stands on its own, without needing comparison to union, football or NRL. Saturday's cup final was (for me) an enthralling game due to its closeness, importance, and my commitment to wanting Salford to win.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Sure, morley. I have watched every NRL game for a good few years now, so you do get to know all the squads (and have a view on each particular player), much as you might in football from years of watching MotD. But plenty here don't; I get that. Meanwhile I will resolve to keep in 'on topic'.