NRL Grand Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Nezza Faz

Re: NRL Grand Final

Post by Nezza Faz »

No one's mentioned the weather conditions, been pouring down there in Sydney all day which would obviously have contributed to the higher than usual error count, certainly in the 1st half.
Just wonder how we'd have performed in the wet, after our horror show against Leeds in similar conditions, where we struggled for 80 minutes to make ground ?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:03 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:38 am
ian.birchall wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:05 am I appreciate that everything coming out if Australia is the best thing possible but we should still all congratulate the referee for setting a new world record for the number of times his on field decisions were over ruled by the video referee in yesterday's final.
Thanks to SKY as well for putting the match on free to view.
You are sounding like the muppets on Sky.

So you did not think he could have done a better job on try decisions. You obviously were not watching the same game as me. Perhaps it was because the game was played with one referee?
I didn’t say that. The players made more mistakes than the referee so why single him out?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:05 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:03 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:38 am

You are sounding like the muppets on Sky.

So you did not think he could have done a better job on try decisions. You obviously were not watching the same game as me. Perhaps it was because the game was played with one referee?
I didn’t say that. The players made more mistakes than the referee so why single him out?
Only 1 glaring mistake by the officials in my mind - but a crucial error. In the 1st half they ruled a knock on by Kikau but the ball went backwards off a Storm player, then travelled forwards, and they wrongly ruled a knock on.
And as it happened, Crichton picked the ball up with no one in front of him, so it would have been a try 100%. And that would have made the HT score only 16-6, instead of 22-0, with the try by Smith on the hooter perhaps would never have happened with the state of the game turned around, effected by the Penrith try.

Having said that, they wasted a ridiculous Captain's Challenge early on - they should have kept it for the Kikau "knock on" which would have been successful.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

That was a refereeing error, sure, and worthy of a challenge, if Penrith hadn't thrown it away earlier. But their try from that kick by Yeo should never have stood. And I say that as someone who was really hoping Penrith would win.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Jessie bromich was lucky to stay on the field when he used the elbow early doors
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE