NRL Grand Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

NRL Grand Final

Post by ian.birchall »

I appreciate that everything coming out if Australia is the best thing possible but we should still all congratulate the referee for setting a new world record for the number of times his on field decisions were over ruled by the video referee in yesterday's final.
Thanks to SKY as well for putting the match on free to view.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Barney841

Re: NRL Grand Final

Post by Barney841 »

Always enjoy the finals NRL. Have to say though the level wasn’t the best this year, still good but usually there’s a lot more intensity about them. I’ve never seen so more errors in the NRL before
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Barney841 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:17 am Always enjoy the finals NRL. Have to say though the level wasn’t the best this year, still good but usually there’s a lot more intensity about them. I’ve never seen so more errors in the NRL before
You are hard to please.
Charriots Offiah

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:05 am I appreciate that everything coming out if Australia is the best thing possible but we should still all congratulate the referee for setting a new world record for the number of times his on field decisions were over ruled by the video referee in yesterday's final.
You are sounding like the muppets on Sky.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:37 am
Barney841 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:17 am Always enjoy the finals NRL. Have to say though the level wasn’t the best this year, still good but usually there’s a lot more intensity about them. I’ve never seen so more errors in the NRL before
You are hard to please.
Ha. I still enjoyed them I’ve just never seen them many errors in a few games that’s all
Charriots Offiah

Barney841 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:40 am
You are hard to please.
Ha. I still enjoyed them I’ve just never seen them many errors in a few games that’s all
Do you think the new rules have contributed to that? Fatigue is now a bigger factor.
jobo

Post by jobo »

You are hard to please.
I agree with Barney. First half, Penrith were terrible, error after error.

They've been fantastic all season and it's just a pity they got grand final nerves.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:02 pm
Barney841 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:40 am

You are hard to please.
Do you think the new rules have contributed to that? Fatigue is now a bigger factor.
You could have a point. I do like the new rules though. Stops teams from giving deliberate penalties to slow play down if their on back foot, if anything it has the opposite affect
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:38 am
ian.birchall wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:05 am I appreciate that everything coming out if Australia is the best thing possible but we should still all congratulate the referee for setting a new world record for the number of times his on field decisions were over ruled by the video referee in yesterday's final.
You are sounding like the muppets on Sky.

So you did not think he could have done a better job on try decisions. You obviously were not watching the same game as me. Perhaps it was because the game was played with one referee?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:05 am

Unless, like me, you were daft enough to have it on 'series record', thinking I could then watch it any time at my leisure, and when i sat down to do so, found the recording ran out with a good 15 minutes to go. :evil:

Fortunately, I still had my 'laptop option', so did see it all eventually.

Penrith didn't get the run of the ball in the first half, but allowing that try from Yeo's kick was bizarre; that's an obstruction every day of the week, certainly the way the game is normally reffed.