Holmes red card

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Holmes red card

Post by Firestarter »

What a disgraceful sending off...... myler clearly elbows him in the head and then holmes pushes him with the foot....... the funniest thing is all skys replays tried to hide the elbow and concentrate on holmes....... all our commentators missed it as per usual and clarke was harping on about players running in...... turned the game off after this balls up and looked at the end result..... well done leeds..... totally cheated a win
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Re: Holmes red card

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:01 am What a disgraceful sending off...... myler clearly elbows him in the head and then holmes pushes him with the foot....... the funniest thing is all skys replays tried to hide the elbow and concentrate on holmes....... all our commentators missed it as per usual and clarke was harping on about players running in...... turned the game off after this balls up and looked at the end result..... well done leeds..... totally cheated a win
Just like they did with Lance Hohaia's cowardly elbow attack to Ben Flowers face, Try to make it look far worse than it was, Without the elbow footage Flower looks like a mindless thug, with the elbow and no slow mo he just looks like a naughty boy who get's a bit carried away.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wilkin downplayed the elbow as a standard wrestling move and blamed Holmes for holding the elbow in the first place.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Mike wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:19 pm Wilkin downplayed the elbow as a standard wrestling move and blamed Holmes for holding the elbow in the first place.
Unfortunately holding is standard practice to slow the POB down / prevent the defender from getting back into the defensive line.

If i recall correctly it was Cas that Smithies got the 6 game ban from earlier this year? The first ban was for the attacker holding Smithies, and him headbutting the Cas player, so whilst i think its a soft sending off, i have no sympathy for the Cas player in this instance. They benefitted from Smithies earlier in the year as they knew they could rattle him, and this time Holmes has fallen for it
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

the pieman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:47 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:19 pm Wilkin downplayed the elbow as a standard wrestling move and blamed Holmes for holding the elbow in the first place.
Unfortunately holding is standard practice to slow the POB down / prevent the defender from getting back into the defensive line.

If i recall correctly it was Cas that Smithies got the 6 game ban from earlier this year? The first ban was for the attacker holding Smithies, and him headbutting the Cas player, so whilst i think its a soft sending off, i have no sympathy for the Cas player in this instance. They benefitted from Smithies earlier in the year as they knew they could rattle him, and this time Holmes has fallen for it
Yes but the difference was that Smithies got 10 minutes and Holmes got 50.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

the pieman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:47 pm

The difference here is that Holmes was holding Myler's elbow down, Myler struck out with his elbow and caught Holmes in the mouth, drawing blood. Holmes pushed Myler down once he'd regained his feet and kicked out. Result - Holmes off, Myler no charge - Wilkin defending Myler for striking out with his elbow as a normal wrestling move. For me if Holmes had to go, Myler should have gone to the bin too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐