State of Origin - Centres (contains spoiler)

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nathan_rugby

State of Origin - Centres (contains spoiler)

Post by nathan_rugby »

Are the NRL struggling for quality centres at the minute?

NSW have Gutherson who has played fullback the last few years and Jack Wighton who plays in the halves are lining up at centre.

QLD have Gagai and Capewell.

Is anyone injured? Is anyone in form in the NRL but not picked for whatever reason?
Last edited by nathan_rugby on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
jobo

Re: State of Origin - Centres (no spoiler)

Post by jobo »

Wighton ain't a centre.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

jobo wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:33 am Wighton ain't a centre.
I know? But he is playing centre, hence the post.

Missed tackles from Gutherson and Wighton on the halfway line allowed QLD to get back into this.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

The blues lost because they totally disrespected the weak maroons team imo...... nathan is right, both NSW centres are not used to that position and got found out big time....... Gagai ran wighton ragged and gutherson got smashed a few times and struggled........ its always been a thing with NSW, they pick the form players but tend to swap positions( albeit too much choice in sydney)....... in Queensland they have little choice and the team usually picks itself.
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:56 pm The blues lost because they totally disrespected the weak maroons team imo...... nathan is right, both NSW centres are not used to that position and got found out big time....... Gagai ran wighton ragged and gutherson got smashed a few times and struggled........ its always been a thing with NSW, they pick the form players but tend to swap positions( albeit too much choice in sydney)....... in Queensland they have little choice and the team usually picks itself.
FFS! The title of the thread even says "no spoiler" :roll: I've only watched the first half so far

nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:56 pm The blues lost because they totally disrespected the weak maroons team imo...... nathan is right, both NSW centres are not used to that position and got found out big time....... Gagai ran wighton ragged and gutherson got smashed a few times and struggled........ its always been a thing with NSW, they pick the form players but tend to swap positions( albeit too much choice in sydney)....... in Queensland they have little choice and the team usually picks itself.
Who could the blues have picked instead at centre ? Surely they’ll change it for next week but can they?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Sutty wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:08 am
FFS! The title of the thread even says "no spoiler" :roll: I've only watched the first half so far
why read it then?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:42 am
why read it then?

Because presumably, he thought he could safely read the thread without someone spilling the beans :?
i.e. "no spoiler !!"
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Nezza Faz wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:20 am
Firestarter wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:42 am

why read it then?

Because presumably, he thought he could safely read the thread without someone spilling the beans :?
i.e. "no spoiler !!"
Yea i got that and apologies for doing it but i was in the same boat and didnt read it....... common sense says dont read a rugby thread if you dont want to find out a score
Sutty

Re: State of Origin - Centres (contains spoiler)

Post by Sutty »

You could also say that on a thread with "no spoiler" in the title, common sense would determine that there are no spoilers in the posts, hence why I DIDN'T read the other post that had "contained spoilers" in the title.

Maybe I just don't have enough common sense to have thought there might actually be a spoiler, despite the title saying otherwise :roll: