Leigh land half back Mellor

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Leigh land half back Mellor

Post by josie andrews »

Leigh Centurions have added a fourth halfback to their squad in the shape of Toronto playmaker Joe Mellor.

The livewire joins the club and will team up with fellow Toronto team-mates and halfback Ryan Brierley and Blake Wallace.

Jamie Ellis will also compete for a place in the squad next season as the Centurions push for a strong season.

The 29-year-old spent seven seasons with Widnes having come through the Wigan academy. He has made 137 Super League appearances.

“I was really impressed when I sat down with John Duffy to talk about the new season and the plans he had for next year,” Mellor said.

“Obviously it’s not been the best of years for anyone but it’s been even worse for the Toronto lads. It’s good to start looking forward to something and getting back on the field playing rugby again. It felt like the season was just taken away from us and there was nothing we could do about it.”

https://www.totalrl.com/leigh-land-halfback-mellor/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Leigh land half back Mellor

Post by josie andrews »

I think all clubs should try & help players who have been caught up in the Toronto fiasco.

Feel so much for players & their families
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Should be a salary cap dispensation for signing players who where under contract at Toronto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

ManxWarrior wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:07 pm Should be a salary cap dispensation for signing players who where under contract at Toronto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
👍