Wire v Hull

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nathan_rugby

Re: Wire v Hull

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:47 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:14 am With that form and attitude, we should not take hull likely.
They ran hard, fast and strong
They tackled hard
Sneyds kicking game was excellent
They spread the ball outwide excellent

Lam should pack the bench with his best forwards and leave Smith out I’m afraid.

One final thing, how over rated is Widdop? I’ve still never seen him have an amazing game.
the only problem we have with leaving smith out is if we get a half injured...... i fear we are knackered if the above did happen
It is all if's and buts though isn't it.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

kevbrown1980 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:16 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:12 am
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:44 pm Wigan v Hull for a GF slot
That isn’t possible since we play Hull in the semis.
The post says "for" a GF slot, meaning they'll play each other for a slot in the GF, not they'll play in the GF
Stand corrected.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:39 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:14 am With that form and attitude, we should not take hull likely.
They tackled hard

Lam should pack the bench with his best forwards and leave Smith out I’m afraid.

One final thing, how over rated is Widdop? I’ve still never seen him have an amazing game.
the only problem we have with leaving smith out is if we get a half injured...... i fear we are knackered if the above did happen
Yes definately
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:05 am
Firestarter wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:47 am the only problem we have with leaving smith out is if we get a half injured...... i fear we are knackered if the above did happen
Yes definately
I get the risk, I just thing the benefit of 4 forwards outweighs the risk and the salford and saints game shows that.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Our semi will be a firecracker, both teams hitting form at the right time. Hull played well v Wire but to me they had the belief - dangerous opponents with a "home" GF as motivator.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

kevbrown1980 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:16 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:12 am
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:44 pm Wigan v Hull for a GF slot
That isn’t possible since we play Hull in the semis.
The post says "for" a GF slot, meaning they'll play each other for a slot in the GF, not they'll play in the GF
Thanks, kev! Just spotted it and about to reply myself. "If all else fails, read the instructions."

:D
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:14 am
moto748 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:21 am I watched the Hull derby, and even allowing for Sky's bombast, Jake Connor did look very sharp. They are a good side with they get their stuff together. And their recent form has been good, although they did lose a home game to Leeds at <checks notes>, er, Headingley.
Sky’s bombcast?
Someone thinks SKY talks up the quality - that's counter to nathan's narative that they do it down.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mike wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:26 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:14 am
moto748 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:21 am I watched the Hull derby, and even allowing for Sky's bombast, Jake Connor did look very sharp. They are a good side with they get their stuff together. And their recent form has been good, although they did lose a home game to Leeds at <checks notes>, er, Headingley.
Sky’s bombcast?
Someone thinks SKY talks up the quality - that's counter to nathan's narative that they do it down.
Where did I say that Sky do down the quality ?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Must admit personally, id prefer to play Hull Fc in the semi's. Makes me rather bitter when we lose to Wire :x

Although id be confident of beating either at the DW :).
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

They tackled hard

Lockers would move to half back or Sam Powell.