Bans for McIlorum and Joel T?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
morley pie eater
Posts: 1751
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Bans for McIlorum and Joel T?

Post by morley pie eater » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Sign the change.org petition to recognise Roy Francis' contribution to RL at
http://chng.it/yCZJsNtg

User avatar
Mike
Site Admin
Posts: 5677
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Bans for McIlorum and Joel T?

Post by Mike » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:44 pm

Saints believe their own press. Cats still have a chance.

morley pie eater
Posts: 1751
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Re: Bans for McIlorum and Joel T?

Post by morley pie eater » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:57 pm

Mike wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:44 pm
Saints believe their own press. Cats still have a chance.
Mike, I think you're right to some extent. I'd say Saints are good, but not as good as many people seem to think they are, as we demonstrated.

Maybe though, we should play along with their delusion until after we win the GF?
Sign the change.org petition to recognise Roy Francis' contribution to RL at
http://chng.it/yCZJsNtg

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Bans for McIlorum and Joel T?

Post by Charriots Offiah » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:44 pm

morley pie eater wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:19 pm
https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/54939343

Looks like Saints are through
They will miss Mac not sure about Joel though.

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Bans for McIlorum and Joel T?

Post by Charriots Offiah » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:46 pm

I should add that a Grade F suspension is ridiculous for what Mac did.

User avatar
Mike
Site Admin
Posts: 5677
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Bans for McIlorum and Joel T?

Post by Mike » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:17 pm

Charriots Offiah wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:46 pm
I should add that a Grade F suspension is ridiculous for what Mac did.
I thought so too at first, but he lifted a potentially injured player physcially off the ground. If that player had a spinal injury that is incredibly dangerous.

nathan_rugby
Posts: 2221
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Bans for McIlorum and Joel T?

Post by nathan_rugby » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Mike wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:17 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:46 pm
I should add that a Grade F suspension is ridiculous for what Mac did.
I thought so too at first, but he lifted a potentially injured player physcially off the ground. If that player had a spinal injury that is incredibly dangerous.
Agreed. No need for it what so ever and he must have known he caught him with a good one.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

fozzieskem
Posts: 3458
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Bans for McIlorum and Joel T?

Post by fozzieskem » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:37 pm

Charriots Offiah wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:46 pm
I should add that a Grade F suspension is ridiculous for what Mac did.
He man-handled an injured player on what planet is that ridiculous?

If there had been a competent ref he should have seen red for that alone

Nezza Faz
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Bans for McIlorum and Joel T?

Post by Nezza Faz » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:53 pm

fozzieskem wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:37 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:46 pm
I should add that a Grade F suspension is ridiculous for what Mac did.
He man-handled an injured player on what planet is that ridiculous?

If there had been a competent ref he should have seen red for that alone
Mac is no doctor or physician, no way should he have handled the injured player the way he did, not even a medical consultant would know the extent of his injury at that point, without thorough examination.
He could have willfully inflicted a life changing event through his own ignorance and deserves the long sentence awaiting him. Gone one step too far on this occasion.

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Bans for McIlorum and Joel T?

Post by Charriots Offiah » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:55 pm

fozzieskem wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:37 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:46 pm
I should add that a Grade F suspension is ridiculous for what Mac did.
He man-handled an injured player on what planet is that ridiculous?

If there had been a competent ref he should have seen red for that alone
I didn’t say he shouldn’t face the disciplinary, I said a Grade F suspension was ridiculous and that is on planet earth.

Post Reply