More funding

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the pieman

Re: More funding

Post by the pieman »

i suppose with regards to the funding we should consider how much the RFL actually asked for. If the RFL asked for £500m and only got £12m, then we could have reason to gripe, but i suspect that isnt the case and people are moaning about RU getting more money because we dont like RU.

i have no doubt that the RFU will be able to pay back the £44m they have taken. They will chuck in another couple of internationals at Twickers, sell 100k tickets, bank the money and admittedly very low rate of interest and then give the disappointed ones their money back as that is their business model and they have done that for years.

at the end of the day this isnt free money, this is to keep the game afloat in the short term and will need to be paid back, so the member clubs and the RFL will have had to consider what they want and the reality of paying it back.

The RFL are probably banking on a successful world cup next year and profit from that will go into paying off some of they money that they take from the £12m, but trust me they wont be able to pay off that amount from a successful tournament.
pedro

Post by pedro »

not funding per say as it needs paying back
Last edited by pedro on Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

pedro wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:54 am nor funding per say as it needs paying back
Agreed no point taking on more debt than the game can afford