Smellys v Catalan Dragons.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Smellys v Catalan Dragons.

Post by Charriots Offiah »

jaws1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:38 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:24 am Not sure why Coote gets such a grilling on here.

Safe under the high ball, great positioning, puts his body on the line, good support play and link ups, plenty of assists, good goal kicking.
Because he gets a lot of his team mates shepherding the opposition its blatant when you watch on tv .
Correct and if I was Lam I would be raising that issue.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:38 am Garcia yellow - really?
Never. A penalty yes. By the way, did I hear the ref say that he would take action if the players came running in again? Well they did and he did nothing!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:48 pm
jaws1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:38 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:24 am Not sure why Coote gets such a grilling on here.

Safe under the high ball, great positioning, puts his body on the line, good support play and link ups, plenty of assists, good goal kicking.
Because he gets a lot of his team mates shepherding the opposition its blatant when you watch on tv .
Correct and if I was Lam I would be raising that issue.
Coote is a fine player but its up to the refs to police the sheparding - how the ref let Saints final try (I think?) stand after Falou was bowled over?
Saints got away with several forward passes from drop off passes plus a ton of interference at the PTB, all need a strong ref to call them.