2020 SUPER LEAGUE DREAM TEAM ANNOUNCED

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Lazy J

Re: 2020 SUPER LEAGUE DREAM TEAM ANNOUNCED

Post by Lazy J »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:18 am
Is it? Where?
I didn't explain that very well, its being done on a points system rather like the man of steel, so if your team hasn't played a lot of games eg Catalan 13, it will be difficult to accrue enough points. Mcshane is looking like being man of steel as he was leading when the points went dark, and since then the points at most clubs have been split between players, eg Farrell and French at Wigan McShane he's the most consistent player at cas, so it looks like he'll win it on consistency, which you could argue is what you want, but it looks like the player of the year will be the most consistent player in a team that finished 8th. and lets be honest when you talk about player of the year Paul Mcshane is a good player, but best in the league? give me a break
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Lazy J wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:30 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:18 am
Is it? Where?
I didn't explain that very well, its being done on a points system rather like the man of steel, so if your team hasn't played a lot of games eg Catalan 13, it will be difficult to accrue enough points. Mcshane is looking like being man of steel as he was leading when the points went dark, and since then the points at most clubs have been split between players, eg Farrell and French at Wigan McShane he's the most consistent player at cas, so it looks like he'll win it on consistency, which you could argue is what you want, but it looks like the player of the year will be the most consistent player in a team that finished 8th. and lets be honest when you talk about player of the year Paul Mcshane is a good player, but best in the league? give me a break
Agreed, it is a flawed system in terms of number of games played and also favouring teams who have a couple of stand-out performers.

Although its great for recognition, does anybody really care? Nobody remembers who was in last years team of the year do they?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'd have powell beforw Mcshane. Cas have had a poor season.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

But McShane has won it,
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!