2020 SUPER LEAGUE DREAM TEAM ANNOUNCED

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

2020 SUPER LEAGUE DREAM TEAM ANNOUNCED

Post by josie andrews »

Seven players appear for the first time in the 2020 Betfred Super League Dream Team.

Wigan Warriors magician Bevan French, top of the season statistics for tackle busts and clean breaks, and second for tries scored, is joined by Salford Red Devils winger Krisnan Inu and the Warrington Wolves pair of centre Toby King, who finished the season top of the offloads charts, and prop Mike Cooper, making his first appearance in a stellar 14-year career.

Steve Prescott MBE Man of Steel nominees Aidan Sezer and Paul McShane are also in for the first time, as is Wakefield Trinity second row Kelepi Tanginoa.

Players from eight teams comprise this year’s 13.

Saints’ Morgan Knowles, Leeds Rhinos’ Ash Handley and club teammate Konrad Hurrell all backed up their 2019 selections with fine seasons this year. Handley finished 2020 as top try scorer and top metre-maker.

Warriors second row Liam Farrell makes his third Dream Team appearance after an impressive campaign. Farrell made the second highest number of clean breaks and carries in the competition; he was also third for tackles and metres gained, and fourth for clean breaks and tackle busts.

Saints prop Alex Walmsley makes his second appearance in Dream Team; his first was in 2015. Earlier this season Walmsley set a record for collecting Man of Steel points in six consecutive games.

Walmsley’s half-back teammate Jonny Lomax, who first appeared in 2018 before narrowly missing out last year to Blake Austin and Jackson Hastings, returns to the team in 2020. No one has more try assists than Lomax this season.

Steve Prescott MBE Man of Steel panellist Jason Robinson said: “It is a credit to the players and the competition that so many different Super League teams are represented in this year’s Dream Team.

“A good barometer is to sometimes look at the strength of the list of players who have missed out, and there are some wonderful talents that are just outside this top 13.

“I have really enjoyed the emergence of some of the young players in the game who have adapted to first team life so well and there are others who are slightly older who really made their mark in Super League - I think Ash Handley and Toby King are good examples of that.

“There are also a number of players who have defended their Dream Team position since last year, proving impeccable consistency in their playing abilities.

“There were so many good performances throughout the season - but if I had to choose one player from the games I have judged I would say Liam Farrell has been a stand out player for Wigan Warriors all season.

“In both attack and defence he has been Mr Dependable, with a consistently strong work ethic as is shown through his stats, particularly tackles and carries.”

Dream Team 2020

Bevan French – Full Back (Wigan Warriors)

Krisnan Inu – Winger (Salford Red Devils)
Ash Handley – Winger (Leeds Rhinos)
Toby King – Centre (Warrington Wolves)
Konrad Hurrell – Centre (Leeds Rhinos)
Alex Walmsley – Prop (St Helens)
Mike Cooper – Prop (Warrington Wolves)
Aidan Sezer – Half Back (Huddersfield Giants)
Jonny Lomax – Half Back (St Helens)
Paul McShane – Hooker (Castleford Tigers)
Liam Farrell – Second Row (Wigan Warriors)
Kelepi Tanginoa – Second Row (Wakefield Trinity)
Morgan Knowles – Loose Forward (St Helens)

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/57 ... -announced
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: 2020 SUPER LEAGUE DREAM TEAM ANNOUNCED

Post by Firestarter »

Hurrell and cooper should be nowhere near that team....... wheres zak????
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:04 pm Hurrell and cooper should be nowhere near that team....... wheres zak????
Agreed but not sure Zak has had as an amazing season as everyone suggests. Defence amazing but his tries and assists are lacking. Saying that though, nobody else in the centre position is really jumping out.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Would have selected Hastings over Lomax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pedro

Post by pedro »

its from points so can understand why people are in there, mainly people who have played every game
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Surely this is Wrong Saints have the best player in every position and no one else comes close.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:58 pm Surely this is Wrong Saints have the best player in every position and no one else comes close.
My thoughts exactly. I suppose they have to try to encourage us lesser teams by putting an odd player in here and there, but everyone must know that Coote should be full back, Makinson and Grace are the best wingers on the planet, and Roby can only be excluded on the grounds of having had too many goes already.
Last edited by morley pie eater on Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Surprised that Cooper is in the selection too. Would have chosen Folau over Hurrell!
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

In a year where Paul McShane is going to win man of steel, that team looks about right, it’s skewed by number of games played
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Lazy J wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:08 am In a year where Paul McShane is going to win man of steel, that team looks about right, it’s skewed by number of games played
Is it? Where?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."