Bradford Bulls planning Odsal return whether they get in Super League or not

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jaws1

Re: Bradford Bulls planning Odsal return whether they get in Super League or not

Post by jaws1 »

Love to see the teams from Cumbria to sort it out between themselves and unite to hopefully in the future get into SL.
medlocke

Re: Bradford Bulls planning Odsal return whether they get in Super League or not

Post by medlocke »

jaws1 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:03 am Love to see the teams from Cumbria to sort it out between themselves and unite to hopefully in the future get into SL.
Theres more chance of Wigan and Saints merging than Whitehaven and Workington :lol: , Carlisle is union land.

Barrow is the place, population of around 60k (Cas only has 40k) then you have another 60k for the surrounding areas (Millom, Dalton, Askam, Ulverston, Kendal), There's plenty of spare land knocking around for a shiny new stadium, The club also has a great 145 year history, There's also a lot of RL history in the area, Oldest amateur club in the world, GB legends Willie Horne, Phil Jackson and Jimmy Lewthwaite, Awesome pies, Award winning tattooist (Dave Ashton at All Style Tattoos) etc, If only Dr Koukash could pump his money into them while keeping his gob shut
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

I've said for years that Penrith would be the place to start a franchise in Cumbria.
Its easy to get to from the NW and from Yorkshire , it would be 'neutral' for all current Cumbrian RL fans, it's a big town in its own right, and the potential 'twinning' potential with the Panthers could be great publicity/ loan deals etc..

Can't see that it's a worse location than London, Paris, Cardiff, or any other failed attempts...
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Shevvylad wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:25 pm I've said for years that Penrith would be the place to start a franchise in Cumbria.
Its easy to get to from the NW and from Yorkshire , it would be 'neutral' for all current Cumbrian RL fans, it's a big town in its own right, and the potential 'twinning' potential with the Panthers could be great publicity/ loan deals etc..

Can't see that it's a worse location than London, Paris, Cardiff, or any other failed attempts...
Penrith has a population of less than 16,000 and is over 40 miles from Whitehaven and Workington, 110 miles from Leeds and over 150 from Hull (300 mile round trip).

They do have a Morrisons though.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

..which means it's closer to civilisation than Whitehaven or Workington...and Barrow for that matter.

It's also closer to RL heartland than London, Paris etc which was my basic point.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Shevvylad wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:00 pm ..which means it's closer to civilisation than Whitehaven or Workington...and Barrow for that matter.

It's also closer to RL heartland than London, Paris etc which was my basic point.
Barrow is one mile closer to Wigan than Penrith, Penrith is union country, The End
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

medlocke wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:47 pm
Shevvylad wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:00 pm ..which means it's closer to civilisation than Whitehaven or Workington...and Barrow for that matter.

Barrow is one mile closer to Wigan than Penrith, Penrith is union country, The End
And the wider population of a small village ! Which is also a similar problem in Whitehaven and Workington's cases. Mainly sheep country !! ;)
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

The end? Lol..who the hell do you think you are???😅😅

The point I was making is that Penrith, whilst not an existing RL base, makes more sense, in my OPINION...than South Wales, London, Toronto or any of the other pointless experiments that have been tried just to try to sell SKY subscriptions....

Apologies if I upset your sense of cast iron righteousness.....😘
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Shevvylad wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:04 pm

The end? Lol..who the hell do you think you are???😅😅

The point I was making is that Penrith, whilst not an existing RL base, makes more sense, in my OPINION...than South Wales, London, Toronto or any of the other pointless experiments that have been tried just to try to sell SKY subscriptions....

Apologies if I upset your sense of cast iron righteousness.....😘
Cheers, It means a lot :lol:
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Apart from all of that, how do you make a Super League club out of a population of 15,000 odd - it's roughly the same size as Standish ? :shock: