Salford announce new Head Coach

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Salford announce new Head Coach

Post by josie andrews »

Salford Red Devils have announced the appointment of Richard Marshall as their new head coach.

Marshall joins from St Helens, where he was part of consecutive Super League Grand Final victories, as assistant to two different head coaches.

He has also been the Head Coach of Halifax, where he spent four years. During his time there, he helped the club reach the Super 8s three times out of four seasons, before joining the Saints in 2019.

Marshall said: “I’m really excited about joining the Club. I’ve been really impressed by the organisation and everyone I’ve met.

“The ambition of the Club aligns with my own, which makes this a perfect role for me.

“I learned a lot in recent years, from Justin Holbrook and Kristian Woolf at St Helens and as a head coach in my own right, so I think I’ve got the skills necessary to be successful.

Now, I can’t wait to meet all the players and get stuck into preseason.”

Director of rugby and operations Ian Blease added: “Richard has really impressed us, and it’s already clear that he has bought into the vision of the Club.

“He joins us from a successful club with a winning culture, having won two consecutive grand finals during his time at St Helens.

“While he was a head coach, he also proved his ability to build a team and we’re looking forward to seeing what he can achieve with us.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/salford- ... ach-35493/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Re: Salford announce new Head Coach

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Big shoes to fill here me thinks. :D
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

A good appointment I reckon. He did very well at Halifax and over achieved there. Two clubs as asst so now he's got his chance as first team coach.
I think he'll do well.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:23 pm A good appointment I reckon. He did very well at Halifax and over achieved there. Two clubs as asst so now he's got his chance as first team coach.
I think he'll do well.
I have a feeling he wild ok as you say led Halfix to heights they haven't been near since he left be interesting to watch how he goes.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I suppose we will see how good a coach Marshal is now he's coaching in SL

I was always impressed with Halifax and he appears an intelligent coach.

Seemed rather strange him moving to an assistant position with the smellies unless he thought there was more chance of a first team coach career path coming as a SL assistant rather than head coach at a championship side
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: