Sammut returns to the Capital as Ward turns to experienced playmaker

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Sammut returns to the Capital as Ward turns to experienced playmaker

Post by josie andrews »

The last time Jarrod Sammut wore a shirt with the London Broncos badge on he was steering the side around the park to a famous Million Pound Game win in Toronto.

Roll forward to the very end of 2020 and the popular half back returns to the club as Head Coach Danny Ward makes Sammut the latest addition to his squad.

Sammut, known for his maverick style of play that has seen him change a game on it’s head time after time, returns to the Capital following spells with Wigan Warriors and Leigh.

The capture of Sammut has pleased owner David Hughes who had a big part to play in getting the deal over the line. He said “After talking at length with Jarrod I was very impressed with hsi enthusiasm towards a return to London and equally Jarrod was encouraged when I set out our ambitions for the coming season and beyond. That included our new acquisition strategy to strengthen our squad and our desire to win the Championship, thus being back in the Super League where we belong.”

He added “He is also looking forward to working with, and developing, our young halves. Most importantly Jarrod has that rare X Factor in him that can change a game. We will welcome him back into our club and I’m sure our loyal fans will do so too.”

Broncos Head Coach Danny Ward was equally excited to have secured the signature of the popular Australian saying “My hair’s finally grown back from the 1st time around with Jarrod so we’re looking forward to welcoming him back. We all know what he’s capable of, I believe he’s played some of his best rugby at the Broncos, including some huge performances on our way to promotion in 2018.”

Jarrod had this to say to fans when we spoke to him earlier today. “I’m buzzing to be back with the Broncos for next season. After achieving what was deemed the impossible it’s hard not to have a special place in my heart for this club. The raw feeling and emotions from that season and leading up to that moment of gaining promotion still resonates deep within to this day and leaves me with a feeling I’m constantly chasing.”

“A special mention to David Hughes who has always made me feel welcomed and part of the club along with Wardy and the staff. 2021 – here’s to repaying the faith and recreating more magical moments.” #RideEmBroncos

https://londonbroncosrl.com/news/sammut ... playmaker/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan