Former NRL star in custody for more than six months

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
kitt green warriors

Brett Dallas

Post by kitt green warriors »

He was one of my favourite players but quite frankly he's a loser, drugs are for mugs, end of. He'll be dead before long one way or another. I hope he has plenty of soap on a rope!., I reckon he'll get about 10 years. Ice as its known over here is known as crystal meth back in Wigan. Where he is from (Mackay) is rough and talking to people who know the area and his family, they say it's no surprise, if he hadn't played rugby he'd have been in trouble alot sooner.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... arges.html.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
Wintergreen

Re: Brett Dallas

Post by Wintergreen »

What a shame.

Great player.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Dallas was superb at Wigan! Sadly, not the only article I've read within the last 12 months or so highlighting his downfall.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Shame, seems drugs have taken hold of him
pedro

Post by pedro »

kitt green warriors wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:44 am He was one of my favourite players but quite frankly he's a loser, drugs are for mugs, end of. He'll be dead before long one way or another. I hope he has plenty of soap on a rope!., I reckon he'll get about 10 years. Ice as its known over here is known as crystal meth back in Wigan. Where he is from (Mackay) is rough and talking to people who know the area and his family, they say it's no surprise, if he hadn't played rugby he'd have been in trouble alot sooner.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... arges.html.
hope you dont cheer on Zak
josie andrews

Former NRL star in custody for more than six months

Post by josie andrews »

The 46 year old is charged with the aggravated possession of ice and faces up to 25 years jail if convicted.

Former Mackay NRL star Brett Dallas could face up to 25 years jail if convicted of aggravated methylamphetamines possession.

Next week he will make a bail bid after spending more than six months in custody on remand.

The 46 year old is charged with 13 offences including the aggravated possession of ice, supplying ice, producing marijuana, possessing ketamine and weapons category D/H/R.

His case was listed in Mackay Magistrates Court for a hand-up committal and bail application on January 7.

However because of issues with the videolink the bail application could not proceed.

He has been in custody on remand since June last year and it is the first time he has been behind bars.

Mr Dallas shot to stardom in 1995 for a 90-metre runaway try that helped secure Queensland’s Origin series win.

The former Queensland and Australia rugby league winger has played five Tests and 10 State of Origin games as well as club stints at the Bulldogs, North Sydney and English club Wigan.

After playing seven seasons with the English Super League he retired in 2007.

Legal Aid Queensland defence solicitor Rosie Varley said her client’s matter would proceed by way of full hand-up committal “with no submissions”.

The case was listed next Friday for a bail application.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/reg ... 1610096160
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Re: Former NRL star in custody for more than six months

Post by Barney841 »

It’s such a shame. Dallas was a player I loved watching, electric speed and would get you jumping off your seat.
Obviously hasn’t handle his money well throughout his career.
What a bad path he’s gone down