Ex-Wigan Warriors youngster Harry Rushton on his first Canberra Raiders appearance

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Ex-Wigan Warriors youngster Harry Rushton on his first Canberra Raiders appearance

Post by josie andrews »

Ex-Wigan junior Harry Rushton made his first appearance for Canberra last weekend, figuring in two back-to-back friendlies.

The forward, who left the Warriors at the end of last season, had spells against North Sydney and Sydney Roosters, which they lost 26-18 and 26-20 respectively.

"I'm over the moon, it was good to get some good minutes under my belt," said the 19-year-old ex-Shevington Sharks juniors.

The second game saw him face New South Wales back-rower Angus Crichton, and Rushton said: "He's a big boy, skillful, he got me a couple of times... I tried to get him back but I'm not too sure how well I did! It was great to have that at the start and build from that."

Rushton made one appearance for Adrian Lam's side last season before moving to Australia.

The trial games last weekend also saw ex-Warriors prop Ryan Sutton have a spell in John Bateman's old position, in the second row.

"I played a bit there at Wigan on the right side," said Sutton. "I've trained there a bit in pre-season and I was quite comfortable when I was put there."

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ce-3151192
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan