Sharks vs Raiders (spoiler)

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Post Reply
nathan_rugby
Posts: 2492
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Sharks vs Raiders (spoiler)

Post by nathan_rugby » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:05 am

Good first half

raiders not made the most of their possession in opposite half

Williams still the same player that left us. Good short kicking game, terrible long kicking game. Some good short passes close to line but other times gets caught in possession a lot.

Sutton looks great off the bench. Slimmed down, athletic build, fast ball playing prop.

Whitehead is just a solid hard working second rower

Hodgson. Don’t get the hype around him. I get he’s solid but doesn’t do it for me.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

Barney841
Posts: 951
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Sharks vs Raiders (spoiler)

Post by Barney841 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:00 pm

Bit harsh on Williams that.
He was brilliant for the raiders last season. From what I’ve heard he was really good in the first game of this season.
Today wasn’t his best game and it was abit scrappy at times. I thought the sharks defended really well

pedro
Posts: 4388
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Sharks vs Raiders (spoiler)

Post by pedro » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:15 pm

nathan_rugby wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:05 am
Good first half

raiders not made the most of their possession in opposite half

Williams still the same player that left us. Good short kicking game, terrible long kicking game. Some good short passes close to line but other times gets caught in possession a lot.

Sutton looks great off the bench. Slimmed down, athletic build, fast ball playing prop.

Whitehead is just a solid hard working second rower

Hodgson. Don’t get the hype around him. I get he’s solid but doesn’t do it for me.
he's their best half....you want to talk about a poor kicking game and caught in posession look at Wighton, the NSW and Aus player
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1857407490.png

User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 3201
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Sharks vs Raiders (spoiler)

Post by Firestarter » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:21 pm

pedro wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:15 pm
nathan_rugby wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:05 am
Good first half

raiders not made the most of their possession in opposite half

Williams still the same player that left us. Good short kicking game, terrible long kicking game. Some good short passes close to line but other times gets caught in possession a lot.

Sutton looks great off the bench. Slimmed down, athletic build, fast ball playing prop.

Whitehead is just a solid hard working second rower

Hodgson. Don’t get the hype around him. I get he’s solid but doesn’t do it for me.
he's their best half....you want to talk about a poor kicking game and caught in posession look at Wighton, the NSW and Aus player
Definately, wighton has 13 written all over him...... it was possibly georges worst game ive seen him play over there , but he was far from poor....... is it just me or does anyone else think nicol klodstad( not sure the spelling) gets bummed up out of sight? Good player but come on
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

nathan_rugby
Posts: 2492
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Sharks vs Raiders (spoiler)

Post by nathan_rugby » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:14 am

Firestarter wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:21 pm
pedro wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:15 pm
nathan_rugby wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:05 am
Good first half

raiders not made the most of their possession in opposite half

Williams still the same player that left us. Good short kicking game, terrible long kicking game. Some good short passes close to line but other times gets caught in possession a lot.

Sutton looks great off the bench. Slimmed down, athletic build, fast ball playing prop.

Whitehead is just a solid hard working second rower

Hodgson. Don’t get the hype around him. I get he’s solid but doesn’t do it for me.
he's their best half....you want to talk about a poor kicking game and caught in posession look at Wighton, the NSW and Aus player
Definately, wighton has 13 written all over him...... it was possibly georges worst game ive seen him play over there , but he was far from poor....... is it just me or does anyone else think nicol klodstad( not sure the spelling) gets bummed up out of sight? Good player but come on
Yeah he gets talked up a lot. He does put his body on the line a lot so it’s easy on the eye.

I think Wighton gets talked up a lot too.

The prop Papali is great and their 13 Tapine had a good game too.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Sharks vs Raiders (spoiler)

Post by Charriots Offiah » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:52 pm

nathan_rugby wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:05 am
Good first half

raiders not made the most of their possession in opposite half

Williams still the same player that left us. Good short kicking game, terrible long kicking game. Some good short passes close to line but other times gets caught in possession a lot.

Sutton looks great off the bench. Slimmed down, athletic build, fast ball playing prop.

Whitehead is just a solid hard working second rower

Hodgson. Don’t get the hype around him. I get he’s solid but doesn’t do it for me.
Sutton is actually heavier than he was at Wigan. Regarding Williams, I take it you didn’t watch him much last season, he is a very good player.

nathan_rugby
Posts: 2492
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Sharks vs Raiders (spoiler)

Post by nathan_rugby » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:12 pm

Charriots Offiah wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:52 pm
nathan_rugby wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:05 am
Good first half

raiders not made the most of their possession in opposite half

Williams still the same player that left us. Good short kicking game, terrible long kicking game. Some good short passes close to line but other times gets caught in possession a lot.

Sutton looks great off the bench. Slimmed down, athletic build, fast ball playing prop.

Whitehead is just a solid hard working second rower

Hodgson. Don’t get the hype around him. I get he’s solid but doesn’t do it for me.
Sutton is actually heavier than he was at Wigan. Regarding Williams, I take it you didn’t watch him much last season, he is a very good player.
I did actually, watched most of the Raiders games and I think he plays the same game in all honesty.

I am not denying he isn't a very good player, just looks like the same player who left Wigan.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

moto748
Posts: 2718
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Sharks vs Raiders (spoiler)

Post by moto748 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:21 pm

CNK is definitely over-hyped. I'm sure he's a lovely bloke, as they all say, and he is a solid and dependable defensive full-back. But he doesn't offer much in attack like the best full-backs. Tapine is some kind of player, though; he just gets better and better. And certainly the balance between Wighton, Hodgson, and George didn't look right against the Sharks. Sticky has some work to do there.

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Sharks vs Raiders (spoiler)

Post by Charriots Offiah » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:30 pm

nathan_rugby wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:12 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:52 pm
nathan_rugby wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:05 am
Good first half

raiders not made the most of their possession in opposite half

Williams still the same player that left us. Good short kicking game, terrible long kicking game. Some good short passes close to line but other times gets caught in possession a lot.

Sutton looks great off the bench. Slimmed down, athletic build, fast ball playing prop.

Whitehead is just a solid hard working second rower

Hodgson. Don’t get the hype around him. I get he’s solid but doesn’t do it for me.
Sutton is actually heavier than he was at Wigan. Regarding Williams, I take it you didn’t watch him much last season, he is a very good player.
I did actually, watched most of the Raiders games and I think he plays the same game in all honesty.

I am not denying he isn't a very good player, just looks like the same player who left Wigan.
OK you are entitled to your opinion. There were a lot of Wigan fans rubbishing him when he was here, I don't read the same in the Australian press or on Canberra's fans website. He is a top player, seven tries and 15 assists in 22 games in 2020.

Post Reply