Ranking the top five rugby league pundits

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
medlocke

Re: Ranking the top five rugby league pundits

Post by medlocke »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:29 am From a Sky perspective, I'd have to say Jon Wells all day! I'm not sure if this is simply because he analyses games/players but, I think he does it well and is unbiased.

Baz n Tez are never going to quite be Eddie and Stevo are they lol.

BBC, I always think he sounds a bit thick (probably because of his Yorkshire accent).....Mr Peacock. Jon Wilkin seems to be in his element. Not a fan of Jonathan Davies, I think Paul Cullen talks a good game when commentating.
Why would they want to be, They where awful
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:50 am
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:29 am From a Sky perspective, I'd have to say Jon Wells all day! I'm not sure if this is simply because he analyses games/players but, I think he does it well and is unbiased.

BBC, I always think he sounds a bit thick (probably because of his Yorkshire accent).....Mr Peacock. Jon Wilkin seems to be in his element. Not a fan of Jonathan Davies, I think Paul Cullen talks a good game when commentating.
They weren’t as bad as this lot IMO even tho I would get annoyed with them at times when they started to waffle on like two punters from down’t pub! 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:50 pm

They weren’t as bad as this lot IMO even tho I would get annoyed with them at times when they started to waffle on like two punters from down’t pub! 😂
Stevo wasn't too bad, He just got carried away a lot due to his passion for the game, Eddie (I'm a biased wig wearing Saints fanatic) Hemmings was awful, He got multiple players names wrong during every game, Had little idea of the rules and treated every club playing Wigan like they where the current Champions
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:08 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:50 pm
Stevo wasn't too bad, He just got carried away a lot due to his passion for the game, Eddie (I'm a biased wig wearing Saints fanatic) Hemmings was awful, He got multiple players names wrong during every game, Had little idea of the rules and treated every club playing Wigan like they where the current Champions
Only eddie could have a microphone orgasm at a saints barge over try ,whilst being as dull and unenthusiastic about a wigan wonder try....... or even a wigan comeback from the dead
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I said when Hemings retired he would be missed and in my opinion I’m not wrong the current crew are dreadful give me the old guard any day of the week
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:32 pm

I said when Hemings retired he would be missed and in my opinion I’m not wrong the current crew are dreadful give me the old guard any day of the week
I too would rather have them over the current mob, It's sad that we couldn't have better than both though
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

I'd rather have toothache than listen to Stevo commentate.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Sounds like a touch of Stockholm Syndrome going on here! Frankly all four were/are terrible, and if the later two don't match the earlier two, they certainly have one trait in common; prattling on about some irrelevancy whilst, look! Someone's just made a break!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:30 am Sounds like a touch of Stockholm Syndrome going on here! Frankly all four were/are terrible, and if the later two don't match the earlier two, they certainly have one trait in common; prattling on about some irrelevancy whilst, look! Someone's just made a break!
I’ve always said that. It’s like a couple of blokes in the pub, chunnering away, with one eye on the game! Miss half the important things because at the time they’re having a swig of their pint 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:03 am
moto748 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:30 am Sounds like a touch of Stockholm Syndrome going on here! Frankly all four were/are terrible, and if the later two don't match the earlier two, they certainly have one trait in common; prattling on about some irrelevancy whilst, look! Someone's just made a break!
I’ve always said that. It’s like a couple of blokes in the pub, chunnering away, with one eye on the game! Miss half the important things because at the time they’re having a swig of their pint 😂
What annoys me the most about pundits, is that they say what they think they saw, even whilst the screen is showing something completely different. They're not really watching and providing insight, they have been coached to trot out an opinion quickly and its usually not improtant if that's what actually happened. IN the end it gets very repititive what is said, and you don't feel like its adding any real value at all. Stevo was the worst for this IMO, but the current two seem almost as bad. Wells has a bit of time to actually look at the video and provide some analysis, but I've lost count of the times pundits are saying "and that's clearly a knock-on", as the video is showing a clear ball steal and vice versa.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐