Parra v dragons( spoiler)

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Parra v dragons( spoiler)

Post by Firestarter »

Anybody watching this game can see how bad the new set restart rule can be....... the dragons had no ball this second half due to constant set restarts...... its totally spoiling the game as a spectacle...... i get that the dragons are holding on a bit too much but come on...... parra are like wire( they love playing at a million miles an hour but dont like the opposition doing the same)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pedro

Re: Parra v dragons( spoiler)

Post by pedro »

would be the same without it as it would be a penalty so still wouldnt have the ball
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

pedro wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:30 pm would be the same without it as it would be a penalty so still wouldnt have the ball
Would be good to know if restarts + penalties since the rule is the same as before.

In theory they should be the same as the rules for the penalty didn’t change, just the punishment .
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pedro wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:30 pm would be the same without it as it would be a penalty so still wouldnt have the ball
Yes i agree but i think the refs are more inclined to give a set restart than a penalty
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, but it's not like the refs can pick and choose whether to award a penalty or not, is it? As I understand it, there are fixed rules about what offences are restarts, and which are still penalties.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Anyway, OT: the Dragons, those perennial under-achievers, looking a cohesive top side, is this a sign of the End Times? :P
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:09 am Anyway, OT: the Dragons, those perennial under-achievers, looking a cohesive top side, is this a sign of the End Times? :P
They did fantastic...... i like ther simple approach and given all the restarts against them they did an even better job
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

The answer is the ref he is terrible ex super league ref ruins games