Captain Challenge

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ddtftf

Captain Challenge

Post by ddtftf »

I think the Captains challenge is a great concept it is in place in Aus and the cricket also use it any comments here as to whether we should adopt it ?????? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Firestarter

Re: Captain Challenge

Post by Firestarter »

ddtftf wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:24 pm I think the Captains challenge is a great concept it is in place in Aus and the cricket also use it any comments here as to whether we should adopt it ?????? :roll: :roll: :roll:
im all for it but still not 100% on the set restarts
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

It's a great idea, but I think it needs equal quality TV coverage on all games before we can introduce it. We already have uneven refereeing standards for the teams televised more often and this would potentially give those clubs an advantage because they would be involved in tv games more often and get more challenges.

If we could overcome that, it's a great rule. Quite often teams are successful, but sometimes they challenge the most obviously correct calls. Its very interesting.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:32 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:24 pm I think the Captains challenge is a great concept it is in place in Aus and the cricket also use it any comments here as to whether we should adopt it ?????? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Why
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:09 am
Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:32 pm
Why
I just think its an easy option to give set restarts even when its a 50/50 call...... its also always in favour of the attacking team..... time might change my mind though.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:33 am
Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:32 pm im all for it but still not 100% on the set restarts
Why
I just think its an easy option to give set restarts even when its a 50/50 call...... its also always in favour of the attacking team..... time might change my mind though.
Has the number of penalties decreased on average by the increase in set restarts?

That is the important metric as in theory the numbers shouldn't change overall.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:50 pm
Firestarter wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:33 am

Why
Has the number of penalties decreased on average by the increase in set restarts?

That is the important metric as in theory the numbers shouldn't change overall.
Dunno pal but ide be interested to find out....... ide say it has increased at a guess
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The CC is a great idea, I really don't see a downside. But you need the technology in place for it to work. And I hope we don't abandon scrums completely; I think the compromise they have now in the NRL is spot-on; lose the unnecessary scrums for ball in touch, but keep them to maintain that point of attack in midfield, and I wish we'd adopt it. But I imagine that can't happen this season.