Football super league

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Caboosegg
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Football super league

Post by Caboosegg » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 am

nathan_rugby wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:03 am
Hilarious people complaining about the amount footballers get paid.

Why does that matter? It reflects the size and popularity of the sport.
It is a strange world though where people believe a sportsman should be paid so much more than a soldier/policeman/fireman
The Turkeys voted for Christmas.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices

George Orwell

nathan_rugby
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Football super league

Post by nathan_rugby » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:54 am

Caboosegg wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 am
nathan_rugby wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:03 am
Hilarious people complaining about the amount footballers get paid.

Why does that matter? It reflects the size and popularity of the sport.
It is a strange world though where people believe a sportsman should be paid so much more than a soldier/policeman/fireman
What kind of an argument is that? You cannot compare the two.

Jesus wept.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

Caboosegg
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Football super league

Post by Caboosegg » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:53 am

nathan_rugby wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:54 am
Caboosegg wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 am
nathan_rugby wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:03 am
Hilarious people complaining about the amount footballers get paid.

Why does that matter? It reflects the size and popularity of the sport.
It is a strange world though where people believe a sportsman should be paid so much more than a soldier/policeman/fireman
What kind of an argument is that? You cannot compare the two.

Jesus wept.
It's not comparing its a statement.
I am simply saying that it's a strange world where we value someone kicking a ball on a pitch more that people putting their life on the line..

Arguing against your point would require me disagreeing with it. It is pointless to complain about a footballer wage as while people pay to go watch them the money is there to pay the wages.
The Turkeys voted for Christmas.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices

George Orwell

User avatar
Wigan_forever1985
Posts: 5552
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:50 pm

Re: Football super league

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:05 am

I agree with Nathan on this you cant compare 1 has no bearing on the other - people at the end of the day get paid what they get paid its a complete non starter of a point
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

morley pie eater
Posts: 1856
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Re: Football super league

Post by morley pie eater » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:05 pm

Caboosegg wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 am
nathan_rugby wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:03 am
Hilarious people complaining about the amount footballers get paid.

Why does that matter? It reflects the size and popularity of the sport.
It is a strange world though where people believe a sportsman should be paid so much more than a soldier/policeman/fireman
Agreed - what you say makes perfect sense to me.

josie andrews
Posts: 26994
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: Football super league

Post by josie andrews » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:33 pm

morley pie eater wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:05 pm
Caboosegg wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 am
nathan_rugby wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:03 am
Hilarious people complaining about the amount footballers get paid.

Why does that matter? It reflects the size and popularity of the sport.
It is a strange world though where people believe a sportsman should be paid so much more than a soldier/policeman/fireman
Agreed - what you say makes perfect sense to me.
And me! Plus nurses etc
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

nathan_rugby
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Football super league

Post by nathan_rugby » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 pm

josie andrews wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:33 pm
morley pie eater wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:05 pm
Caboosegg wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 am


It is a strange world though where people believe a sportsman should be paid so much more than a soldier/policeman/fireman
Agreed - what you say makes perfect sense to me.
And me! Plus nurses etc
What should happen then?

1 - Football clubs pay their players less money because people in public services don't get paid much?

2 - Governments increase budgets to pay public service staff more money

If your response is point 1, absolute rubbish and end of conversation

If your response is point 2, of course public services should get paid more money, nobody denies that, but what has that got to do with footballers wages? Its a completely a government issue.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

User avatar
Wigan_forever1985
Posts: 5552
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:50 pm

Re: Football super league

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:00 pm

nathan_rugby wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 pm
josie andrews wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:33 pm
morley pie eater wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:05 pm


Agreed - what you say makes perfect sense to me.
And me! Plus nurses etc
What should happen then?

1 - Football clubs pay their players less money because people in public services don't get paid much?

2 - Governments increase budgets to pay public service staff more money

If your response is point 1, absolute rubbish and end of conversation

If your response is point 2, of course public services should get paid more money, nobody denies that, but what has that got to do with footballers wages? Its a completely a government issue.
Exactly this - if all wages came from the same source and the split was this then yes i could see some small thread of logic in the comparison but they dont so what you going to do? and how far do you expand this notion? what about ed sheeran all he does is play 3 chords every now and then and gets millions wheres the argument there, what about lewis hamilton all he does is drive a car? what about Rory Mclroy all he does is hit a small white ball with a stick into a cup.

Like Nathan said nurses/police/fireman being underpaid has no bearing at all to the wage of others, its not like if footballers were paid less nurses get a pay rise?

its just non-sensical trying to patch 2 issues together
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

josie andrews
Posts: 26994
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: Football super league

Post by josie andrews » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:34 pm

nathan_rugby wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 pm
josie andrews wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:33 pm
morley pie eater wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:05 pm


Agreed - what you say makes perfect sense to me.
And me! Plus nurses etc
What should happen then?

1 - Football clubs pay their players less money because people in public services don't get paid much?

2 - Governments increase budgets to pay public service staff more money

If your response is point 1, absolute rubbish and end of conversation

If your response is point 2, of course public services should get paid more money, nobody denies that, but what has that got to do with footballers wages? Its a completely a government issue.
Well WHY bother to reply??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

User avatar
TrueBlueWarrior
Posts: 6155
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:17 pm

Re: Football super league

Post by TrueBlueWarrior » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:48 pm

If the footballers didn’t get paid as much as they do and the 40% of their wages didn’t go to the government every month (plus all the money they raise for charities etc.) then guess who would have to pick up that shortfall? Who would the government be taking it off then!?

It’s not their fault they have an ability and SOMEBODY ELSE chooses to pay them that much money! Also a lot of nurses, firemen, police etc. Use their hard earned money to go and watch football and help pay the wages of these players, why? Because it’s a release, it’s their passion, it’s their enjoyment!

If you said to a plumber look mate you are absolutely gifted at your job so I am going to give you £100,000 a week instead of the £2000 grand a month you get, would they say no? Give it to the nurses instead?

Like everyone has already said, yes public services should get paid more but let’s not just slam footballers for it, it’s not their fault!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett

Post Reply