Lee Briers and Andrew Henderson to leave Warrington Wolves

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Lee Briers and Andrew Henderson to leave Warrington Wolves

Post by josie andrews »

LEE Briers will leave Warrington Wolves at the end of 2021, bringing a 24-year association with the club to an end.

The club confirmed the former half-back, who joined in 1997 and has remained with the club as a coach upon his retirement in 2013, will depart to allow incoming head coach Daryl Powell to bring in his own backroom staff.

Fellow assistant coach Andrew Henderson, who joined the club alongside head coach Steve Price in 2017, will also leave at the end of 2021, as will head of analysts Jack Phillips.

I would like to thank Lee for his loyalty and commitment over the past 25 years as a player and a coach at our great club," club chairman Stuart Middleton said.

“There are many memorable moments during his tenure including those trademark drop goals!

I will always remember the moment we won the Challenge Cup semi- final against Wigan at the Halton Stadium that got us to Wembley after a 19-year absence.

"Lee looked up and pointed to the sky with tears running down his face in memory of his Brother Brian. It was fitting that we went on to bring the cup home after 35 years.

Lee has earned the right to be called “Wire legend” and sits amongst the greats that have donned the Primrose and Blue, and deservedly so.

“We wish him well for the future.”

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/ne ... on-wolves/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Lee Briers and Andrew Henderson to leave Warrington Wolves

Post by Caboosegg »

Wouldn't of expected Briers to leave wire.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:33 pm Wouldn't of expected Briers to leave wire.
I’d have been more surprised if he’d have stayed to be honest,clean sweep etc
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Andrew Henderson and Lee Briers are not bad backroom staff IMO, I agree though, not surprised with a clean sweep approach. I don't think Henderson and Briers will struggle to find new clubs.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Wigan rated Henderson very highly as a coach.
The club were trying to bring him to Wigan from London when he agreed to join Warrington instead.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS