RFL explain Challenge Cup decision amid fan anger at ground choice

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: RFL explain Challenge Cup decision amid fan anger at ground choice

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:36 pm
moto748 wrote:So which is it: are the numbers attending fixed regardless of venue, or could more have been allowed in at a bigger stadium?

fozzie's post implies the former.
It’s up to 10,000 people or 25% of total seated capacity, whichever is lower.

So a bigger stadium would allow more in but the RFL have made this worse by holding a triple header with fans of up to six teams possible which is why the tickets are restricted to 600 each and not 1500 each if just one semi final was being held at Leigh.

What a bunch of idiots we have running the game.
I get the feeling the Beeb have something to do with this - costs etc
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Re: RFL explain Challenge Cup decision amid fan anger at ground choice

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:36 pm
moto748 wrote:So which is it: are the numbers attending fixed regardless of venue, or could more have been allowed in at a bigger stadium?

fozzie's post implies the former.
It’s up to 10,000 people or 25% of total seated capacity, whichever is lower.

So a bigger stadium would allow more in but the RFL have made this worse by holding a triple header with fans of up to six teams possible which is why the tickets are restricted to 600 each and not 1500 each if just one semi final was being held at Leigh.

What a bunch of idiots we have running the game.
That’s for games isn’t it those figures so doesn’t apply here in this case.

The FA cup final only has 21k speccys in and that’s a final,it makes perfect sense to move to smaller venue