Anthony gelling

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Re: Anthony gelling

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:25 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:33 am I get the feeling hes going to get a lot of attention on monday…… if he plays
Do they have a team in Strangeways?
Haha they could have a bmxers team….. bmx bandits wasnt it?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:56 pm
Shevvylad wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:44 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:42 pm

Not correct

Many a time I see articles like this and cringe - some have even been at two or more clubs since Wigan got rid but their always say their ex-Wigan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56718450

Even the Beeb are at it
So do you think that the Wolverhampton Express and Star have even published the story????
What are you talking about? Those regional papers do not even print rugby league story's full stop. Hence the importance when a national media outlet cannot get facts correct, Are you saying it does not matter - seriously??? So credibility is not important???
Shevvylad wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:44 pm Its relevant that he's ex Wigan because its a Wigan paper/ website.
As I have pointed out already (and nicely ignored by you) even the BBC continue this erroneous reporting. If that is NOT national as far as you are concerned then I would guess there is more to your indifference. Facts get reported correctly or not at all. If we cannot be bothered getting details right like what side a player has come from when he signs for a new team then why bother reporting it at all??
Shevvylad wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:44 pm Yes, the nationals will focus on Wigan, which might seem unfair , but we are the most high profile club in the country. Get over yourselves....
I think it is you that needs to get over yourself and accept that factually reporting is important. Why even reply to my comment if you hadn't gotten yourself so highly strung about it in the first place when proven you were wrong?
Anthony Gelling IS ex-Wigan, fact.

The point about regional papers, like the online version Wigan Today, is that they report on local issues, which is why Gelling is reported in Wigan as being ex-Wigan. What is difficult about that?

I think that your understanding of what words like erroneous, proven and factual mean is about as good as your spelling...
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Shevvy your points a load of rubbish when both Warrington and Widnes are local to the region.

It should have been Warrington centre charged with GBH. That would still be relevant to any local readers after all its literally 5 minutes away from wigan.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:12 pm Shevvy your points a load of rubbish when both Warrington and Widnes are local to the region.

It should have been Warrington centre charged with GBH. That would still be relevant to any local readers after all its literally 5 minutes away from wigan.
Who says "should have been"???
This was on the Wigan Today website..he is ex-Wigan. I don't know if and how this was reported in Warrington or Widnes local 'papers or websites-it might have said ex-Warrington or ex-Widnes for all I know, but if it said ex -Wigan it would still be accurate.

Do you get your knickers in a twist if George Best is described as the ex-Man Utd legend, or rant that he also played for Fulham, New York and Hibs afterwards??
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I don't get my nickers in a twist about anything football related, never seen why people are interested in that sport past playing it for fitness.

And Warrington isn't in Liverpool but the Liverpool news can report it correctly

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... y-18826446

At the end of the day it's bad press for Wigan when they had no association with the player at the time.

You may think oh it's nothing bit stuff like GBH against your partner isn't something that gets forgotten. There's movements about domestic abuse and now Wigan will be associated if people every google the case.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:30 pm I don't get my nickers in a twist about anything football related, never seen why people are interested in that sport past playing it for fitness.

And Warrington isn't in Liverpool but the Liverpool news can report it correctly

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... y-18826446

At the end of the day it's bad press for Wigan when they had no association with the player at the time.

You may think oh it's nothing bit stuff like GBH against your partner isn't something that gets forgotten. There's movements about domestic abuse and now Wigan will be associated if people every google the case.
Who cares! Ex player or not.
He’s not at the club anymore so good riddance
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:12 pm Shevvy your points a load of rubbish when both Warrington and Widnes are local to the region.

THey print what they think is more interesting to the readers to sell more papers. There is no more nefarious anti-Wigan bais than the fact that Wigan is a bigger name than Warrington - especially in the readership of the WEP. This false victimisation syndrome doesn't suit us.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jobo

Post by jobo »

Mike wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:44 am

THey print what they think is more interesting to the readers to sell more papers. There is no more nefarious anti-Wigan bais than the fact that Wigan is a bigger name than Warrington - especially in the readership of the WEP. This false victimisation syndrome doesn't suit us.
Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

He's been one of Leigh's best tonight, anyway.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

He always has a couple good games for every new team……. He does look leaner and fitter though tbh
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE