Anthony gelling

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Anthony gelling

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:44 am
Caboosegg wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:12 pm Shevvy your points a load of rubbish when both Warrington and Widnes are local to the region.

It should have been Warrington centre charged with GBH. That would still be relevant to any local readers after all its literally 5 minutes away from wigan.
THey print what they think is more interesting to the readers to sell more papers. There is no more nefarious anti-Wigan bais than the fact that Wigan is a bigger name than Warrington - especially in the readership of the WEP. This false victimisation syndrome doesn't suit us.
Agreed
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

Firestarter wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:04 pm He always has a couple good games for every new team……. He does look leaner and fitter though tbh
Don't mention previous teams...people will cry 😢 😪 💔
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anthony Gelling found NOT GUILTY

Leigh centre Anthony Gelling has been found not guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm on his ex-wife.

Gelling was the star of the show for Leigh against Wigan last night, but this morning a jury took just over four hours to reach their verdict.

The court had previously heard how he had punched ex-wife Toni Mackey, breaking her nose and eye socket as well as causing a black eye and chipped tooth. Gelling said he acted in self-defence to avoid being run over.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/anthony- ... lty-39546/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Self defence?
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Just read the report and it's hard to understand that he's not guilty of anything. He's admitted hitting her and her face was a mess. I must be missing something but he clearly has control issues.
doc

Post by doc »

I don't condone spousal abuse but at the end of the day none of us witnessed the incident or heard the full accounts from Gelling or his wife. The jury heard both sides of the argument, agreed with Gelling's self defence plea and found him not guilty. Better for everyone if we leave it there.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah well said.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

doc wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:58 pm I don't condone spousal abuse but at the end of the day none of us witnessed the incident or heard the full accounts from Gelling or his wife. The jury heard both sides of the argument, agreed with Gelling's self defence plea and found him not guilty. Better for everyone if we leave it there.
+1
Shevvylad

Gelling again...

Post by Shevvylad »

Rugby League player Anthony Gelling has been cleared of assaulting his former partner by punching her in the face.

Mr Gelling, 30, was acquitted of inflicting grievous bodily harm by a jury at Liverpool Crown Court.

The New Zealander, who lives in Widnes, told the court he had acted in self-defence to stop Toni Mackey reversing into him in their 4x4 Hyundai.

Speaking outside court he said he was returning to New Zealand and added: "I just want to see my kids."

His children, aged two and 10, are currently in the country along with his ex-partner who gave evidence via video link during the four-day trial.

Mr Gelling, of Cronton Lane Mews in Widnes, currently plays for Leigh Centurions, but played for Warrington Wolves at the time of the allegation in February 2020.

Ms Mackey claimed the "angry pills" he took - magnesium and zinc tablets - had affected him, and described him as controlling.

The jury heard how the punch he threw as she sat behind the steering wheel and broke bones in her nose and eye socket, chipped a tooth as well as causing a black eye and a cut over her right eyebrow.

'Trapped by door'
Ms Mackey had refused to let Mr Gelling get their baby's pram out of their car boot, the court heard.

Mr Gelling said he wanted to take the baby with him to collect another child from school later that day.

The prosecution claimed it was an act of aggression but Mr Gelling said as his wife continued to reverse he was trapped by the driver's door and an adjacent garage door and feared he would be injured.

"The car lurched backwards and got my right leg, knocking me off balance," he said.

"I just panicked, there was a lot of adrenaline. I punched her. I just wanted to stop the car. I thought I was going to be run over."

He added that he had not wanted to hurt her.

Speaking outside court, Mr Gelling said: "I am so relieved. I am just glad I had the chance to be heard and justice to be done."

Typical BBC!!!! Wigan doesn't get a single mention....
morley pie eater

Re: Gelling again...

Post by morley pie eater »

Typical BBC!!!! Wigan doesn't get a single mention....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐