Castleford Tigers' Jake Trueman responds to Warrington Wolves transfer speculation

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Castleford Tigers' Jake Trueman responds to Warrington Wolves transfer speculation

Post by josie andrews »

The playmaker continues to be linked with a move to Warrington

Highly-rated Castleford Tigers star Jake Trueman is staying open-minded about his future beyond next season amid growing interest from big-spending Warrington Wolves.

Warrington are understood to be keen to sign the former Bradford Bulls prospect, who has emerged as one of the finest English talents in the game since joining Castleford in January 2017.

Trueman, who is vying for inclusion in England boss Shaun Wane’s World Cup squad, is contracted to the Tigers until the end of the 2022 campaign.

But speculation persists that the 22-year-old could be sold should Warrington make a big-money offer that Castleford cannot refuse.

Current Tigers boss Daryl Powell will leave Wheldon Road at the end of the season and is expected to be joined at Warrington by Peter Matu’utia and Oliver Holmes.

Asked about where he saw his future, Trueman said: “I'm not too sure yet.

“I've got next year at Cas, so at the minute I'll be here. I'm not too sure what happens after that.

Trueman has shown glimpses of his best form this season but says there is plenty more to come from him and his team.

He added: “I feel like I'm going alright, pretty steady. But me and the team as a whole haven't really hit our straps yet.

“But we're grinding out wins, which is nice. Hopefully when we start to get our performances going we will see better performances and better wins.

“I think we haven't really got going yet. We've been quite poor in parts of the season and not put a full game together.

“We've been patchy - a good 20 minutes and a poor 20 minutes - but I think there is a lot more to come from us this year.”

After a run of games without any injuries, Trueman is seeking to capture the kind of form which could propel him into the World Cup reckoning.

He said: “Last year was tough, so it has come as a bit of a relief and given me a confidence that I can get a run of games under my belt.

“I feel like I'm improving and getting better, so I definitely want to be a part of the World Cup with England.

Ltd))
“There are some world-class halves but I've had a couple of Zoom calls with Shaun Wane and Paul Anderson about what I need to put into my game to get into the senior squad.”

Next up for Castleford is a visit of Hull Kingston Rovers on Monday and fans will be allowed in the ground as restrictions following the Covid-19 pandemic begin to ease.

Trueman is looking forward to playing in front of a crowd for the first time since he helped the Tigers to an emphatic win over St Helens last March in the last UK rugby league game to be staged before the first lockdown.

He said: “It's massive to have the fans back. I've seen a few players say that it's not the same without them and that's absolutely right.

“It adds a lot to the game, it improves you, so hopefully we can get as many in as possible.

“Some players don't like playing in front of fans because of some of the abuse that you get. But some do enjoy it and it makes them play better.

“Having Cas fans in the ground will make a massive difference, the support that we will get, and it should improve us.

“It feels like a new start, almost a new season, because it has been well over a year since we played in front of crowds.

“It feels like a massive occasion and it should be a big game.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Castleford Tigers' Jake Trueman responds to Warrington Wolves transfer speculation

Post by Firestarter »

Why are they interested in him if they are signing williams mmmmm🤔
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
southportcdm

Re: Castleford Tigers' Jake Trueman responds to Warrington Wolves transfer speculation

Post by southportcdm »

Although it seems most likely that they want Trueman or Williams, if they let Widdop go back to Aus they may want both. That would be a real sickener but I'm sure they can fit them under their 'magic cap'
Last edited by southportcdm on Mon May 17, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

If they do end up with both, good luck to them. I don’t see either of these players as the commanding half back who can boss a team around the field. Great running game mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I agree with the above. Never good to have too many generals.

This is why I think Williams will be a good signing for us. Established in the NRL, more experienced and equally proven at 6 or 7. Smith will still be in a development stage next season and can bounce off him well.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

he could be having a rethink if he's seen the half time score at Wire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: