Eastmond Retires

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Eastmond Retires

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2021/05/17/ ... etirement/

TBF Leeds are the only club i think with a worse recruitment policy than us :lol:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Re: Eastmond Retires

Post by josie andrews »

EASTMOND ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

Dual code England international Kyle Eastmond, 31, has announced his retirement from playing professional rugby.

Eastmond returned to Rugby League when he joined the Rhinos back in March on a two-year contract having spent a decade in Rugby Union with Bath, Wasps, Leicester and England.

He made his debut for the Rhinos on 15th April against Wigan at Emerald Headingley and has played once more since then. However, he has now decided to retire from playing professional rugby as he looks ahead to the next chapter of his life.

Commenting on the decision, Leeds Rhinos Director of Rugby Kevin Sinfield said, “I think this is an incredibly brave decision by Kyle and a testament to the high standards that he sets for himself. When we originally spoke to him, we had belief in his ability and talent and that remains the case however after a year out of rugby due to the pandemic, he has found that he is unable to reach the standards he expects of himself in training and playing. He will leave the club with our best wishes for the future. The fact he had a contract for this year and next but decided to hang up his boots speaks volumes about his integrity.”

Kyle Eastmond added, “I love rugby and will always be involved in it. I’ve come to realise the passion to influence the game is no longer on the field. It is this love and respect for the game, that leads me to this decision. I would like to say thank you so much to Kevin Sinfield, Leeds Rhinos and all the fans and wish the team all the best for the rest of the season.”

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/1 ... etirement-
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Well that ended badly didn’t it?

Different game now league you simply can’t cross over at 30 plus as it must take you 12/18 months just to get up to speed with training and the game itself.

Credit to him though he could have hung around drawing his wage each month but it was a move I feel that was always going to end like this
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I agree, this code has advanced well in the past 10 years. Maybe Eastmond thought it would be a relatively easy transition.

I think Burrell at Wire had the same problem and he was the wrong side of 30 too, if memory serves correct.